Craig J
United States
East Hampton
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to share a good experience that I had with a new miniature store called Valloa's Vale.

http://www.valloasvale.com/shop/

I came across the shop from a posting on "The Miniatures Page" http://theminiaturespage.com/

Valloa's Vale is currently advertising the following specials:

10% off for Valloa's Vale bases, plinths and bits.
20% off for Spyglass Miniatures.
25% off for Wyrd
30% off Crocodile Games
40% off Reaper Warlord, Reaper Master Series Paint, Crunch-Waffle, Reaper Dark Heaven numbers 2600-3199 and Sacred Blade
50% off All Games Workshop and Revelation
60% off Reaper Dark Heaven numbers 2000-2599

It was the Dark Heaven sale that got me interested in because that's the only line of miniatures that my wife and collect. I was skeptical though, because the prices for Reaper figs were the lowest I had ever seen, and many of the models were OOP. I also had reservations because the store was brand new.

I decided to take a chance and I placed an order for a large number of miniatures: Roughly 35 models for $75.00. The shipping was $5.00 and was classified as “Best Way”. There was no way to choose the shipping method, but I wasn’t too concerned about the carrier as long as my order arrived safe and secure. The site uses PayPal, so I felt a little better about having an audit trail in the event that something unscrupulous occurred.

Upon submitting my selection, I was treated to the lowest confirmation number I have ever personally received from an online vendor: My order number was “5”. Needless to say, this didn’t give me strong reassurances that all would be well.

Within about a minute after my purchase, I received two messages from Valloa’s Vale. One welcoming me to the site and another with a confirmation of items purchased.

I placed the order on Saturday night and this morning (Wednesday) I was treated to my package being delivered by the post-woman via USPS Priority Boxed mail.

Everything arrived in one piece and I’m pleased to report that I’m quite satisfied with Valloa’s service. After a horrible experience with Reaper purchases through www.DoOrDice.com, I switched my vendor to www.MiniatureMarket.com. I've never had a problem with them, but the service I received from Valloa’s Vale was just as good, and quite frankly, their prices just can't be beat.

Respectfully,

[Festivus]
a.k.a Craig Jirowetz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks for the tip.

My wife is already planning on killing me. Good thing the sale runs til January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhonda Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm order #4. I haven't received my order yet, but I'm confident I will. The person who runs Valloa's Vale was until recently an administrator on a miniatures forum I frequent, where she has done a great job and a lot of work. She's resigned due to time pressures from other areas of life. It's a friendly, smallish community that is a fun place to hang out, http://www.wyrd-games.net.

I love Reaper miniatures, and I own a truly ridiculous number of them, but the Valloa Vale sale is also a good opportunity to try lines of miniatures you probably haven't had the opportunity to see in a local shop. There's also 10% off on Hasslefree, which has some very nice stuff. Both it and Spyglass are great brands for new painters, or more experienced painters who want the room to get creative, as the lines of the miniatures are clean and they're not busy with too many accessories or filigree. Crunch Waffle does some great stuff, sort of alternate history, with Polynesian, African and Native American inspired sculptures, as well as urban legend monsters and some others. Valloa's own bases are a great way to get a nice-looking base quickly.

I've rarely seen the kind of discounts on miniatures that people regularly find on board games. Two online stores I'd recommend highly, I recommend not for price, but for reliability and wide variety of brands carried - www.fantization.com, www.fozzbozz.com. Fantization occasionally does preorder sales, like 20% off the newest releases of whatever line, which does include Reaper. www.thewarstore.com has a pretty good selection, and discounts most of what he carries. He even has some board games. I've personally ordered from all three of those, and kept an ear to the ground for posts from other miniature enthusiasts, and they're all three well-regarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.