Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently acquires Ambush! (thanks BGG)and I have a question.

When playing the campaign game, if you lose a mission (not that I have lost, it is just hypothetical) do you have to start it over again till you win, can you jump to the next mission, or do you have tojump to the next mission?

Thank you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm....I have always plowed ahead to the next mission with replacements! I use the same squad point value that I initially rolled to create the new squad mates, taking into account the points allready used for the LIVE soldiers! Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A campaign is a number of missions played one after the other. Playing the same mission again and again is not part of campaign.

Beginners should play the same mission a couple of times in order to learn the rules, but the game is more satisfying when played as a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, obviously I have a problem whilst expressing myself in English.

What I mean is if playing a campaign means that you have to play each mission over until you win the mission or you just go 1 mission: lost, go to 2 mission: lost, go to third mission.

Thank you all for your answers, it is indeed a great game, I hope I can find the rest of the modules in e-bay for a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to add that when our squad get wiped out in a mission, we always end the campaign and start a new one from mission 1 later. As long as one soldier makes it home alive, winning or losing the mission, however we get replacements and go on to the next mission (always keeping track of who didn't make it home... lots of place on the flipside of the squad record to keep statistics about the campaign).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Nott
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
pelni wrote:
I'd like to add that when our squad get wiped out in a mission, we always end the campaign and start a new one from mission 1 later. As long as one soldier makes it home alive, winning or losing the mission, however we get replacements and go on to the next mission (always keeping track of who didn't make it home... lots of place on the flipside of the squad record to keep statistics about the campaign).

This sounds like solid advice.

If you fail a mission, simply go on to the next assuming any of your troops made it out alive. Not every mission will be successful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
castiglione
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
If you lose the mission but at least one member of your squad has survived, you go on to the next mission. The war continues. Just assume while your guys were being patched up in a field hospital, some other squad got the job done.

If you lose the mission and everyone on your squad dies, welp, just generate a new squad and start over, i.e. start the war over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.