Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Fraser
Canada
Whitecourt
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recieved my copy of Mr. Jack and had to break it out and play it. I have been wanting a nice fun two player game so I made one quick call to a buddy and 5 minutes later he was ready.

While I was putting the stickers on the wooden circles and popping out the cards(which are nice and thick and should last a long time), He read the rules out loud and to my surprise they are not hard to follow. One guy picks an alibi card and that is who Jack is. The other gets to be the dective depends on what side of the board you are sitting on, Gold side is the detective and Silver side is Jack. Here we go!!

I got to be Jack first and picked the alibi card of Miss Stealthy. Round 1 as there are 8 rounds to the game. We placed the top 4 character cards face up near the board. After each player moved two characters, I had to reveal if Jack had been seen or not. I was seen but to my luck only 2 characters were flipped over(not considered suspects). After the round the #1 gas light was removed from play and the other four characters got picked and moved around for Round 2. Was I seen NOPE. But that was bad news as 3 people got flipped over as they were not suspects and the #2 gaslight removed from play. The 3rd Round went realy good for Jack as nothing new had been revealed and he had moved closer to an exit. The #3 gaslight was removed and new cards were flipped over, this is when I made a big mistake. Miss Stealthy or Jack was ready to be picked but I thought that I should leave her alone to throw the detective off by trying to get him to think that I was someone else. After the 4th round the #4 gaslight was removed and play continued to Round 5. The cards had been shuffled and placed out when I noticed that he was moving characters closer to Jack, Crap he knows who I am. I moved one other suspect in the direction of an exit hoping to change his mind. No way he got to Jack and accused him of the crime and he won the game. He told me that by not moving her the way I moved the other characters, he knew that Stealthy was Jack. Good to know for next time.

We switched sides and continued to play 3 more games- Each game got better and longer to play as different strategies were felt out- Jack lost everytime but did make it to Round 8 once and was so close to winning.

We had 2 visiters show up and they liked watching the way this game plays and looks. I think that by watching the game it conviced at least one of them to pick this game up for themselves.

I would give this game an 8 at least and looks like a game that will get played all the time.

Thanks for the great game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great session report!

Where did you order the game from? I have it reserved but still no word it's being shipped!

Can't wait, this one sounds great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Fraser
Canada
Whitecourt
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks--- Check out fungamescafe.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Self Appointed Senator of Good Ideas
Other-South Pacific
Coming Soon
Castle GreySkull
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ninja, perhaps you should do a session report on when I was Mr. Jack and escaped from you in 4 rounds. Good report, you should write a review, get some geek gold!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.