Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2006/11/29/b...

I'm in Abbotsford.

It's times like this I do not mind global warming. In fact I think of it as a friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
Greater Vancouver: This is one of the worst snowstorms ever! Cars skidding, in ditches! It's a disaster!

Rest of Canada: It's snow. It's not even a blizzard. Drive a little slower and you'll be fine. No need to crack open your emergency kit.

Seriously, though, I understand there are power outages and other issues, which makes it more serious for some. But if you are looking at the actual weather itself, it's not bad at all. It's just snowing. SNOW! In Canada! OMG!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, in Canada you'd be better off with 3 more degrees across the board, but also consider the fun of tropical storms further north.

Last july, a storm left over half a million homes in St Louis without power. It took well over a week to return power to most of the city. All of this during 90+ degree days.

If the same power outage happened in the winter, many people could still use fireplaces to keep at least a room warm enough to sleep on, and cold food wouldn't rot.

Ynnen wrote about his wonderful experience here:

http://ynnen.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_ynnen_archive.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Jan 2004 the northern half of Oklahoma was hit with an ice storm that killed power to almost all of the homes. Some folks in the rural parts of OK didn't have power for 12-16 WEEKS! We live in the OKC metro area & we were without for 3 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've lived on the lake in Ontario so I know.

But as personal preference I will not be happy till I step off my back deck to Palm Trees and a sandy beach. Maybe a cooler of Corona as well.

"Un cervasa, senorita?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
booned wrote:
Greater Vancouver: This is one of the worst snowstorms ever! Cars skidding, in ditches! It's a disaster!

Rest of Canada: It's snow. It's not even a blizzard. Drive a little slower and you'll be fine. No need to crack open your emergency kit.

Seriously, though, I understand there are power outages and other issues, which makes it more serious for some. But if you are looking at the actual weather itself, it's not bad at all. It's just snowing. SNOW! In Canada! OMG!!

We smashed records for temperature for this time of year all over the place in Alberta.

-40 celsius with wind chill!

BRRRRRRRR soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neoshmengi wrote:

We smashed records for temperature for this time of year all over the place in Alberta.

Which is the one thing that makes me oh-so-glad that I'm no longer in Alberta. I love it there, but Canadian winters are less than pleasant. If only winter didn't last 9 months or so there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
neoshmengi wrote:

BRRRRRRRR soblue

Damn you Canadians and your metric measure!

(Actually, -40 is the same in Celsius or Fahrenheit -- yay fun facts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.