Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I understand why there is a generator room in the game and all but what tactical reason is served by the extra "X" of traverseable terrain betwee the force field and the entry to the palace used for? Do Naboo players send soldiers there to back up the Jedi or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody's likely to send any help back there, but you want that extra space because whoever wins the jedi battle is going to come zipping like a bat out of hell and you need to delay them getting to the palace pieces as long as possible. Assuming that the surviving jedi isn't running around with one hit point, my experience is that the winner of the jedi battle is going to win the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Nobody's likely to send any help back there, but you want that extra space because whoever wins the jedi battle is going to come zipping like a bat out of hell and you need to delay them getting to the palace pieces as long as possible. Assuming that the surviving jedi isn't running around with one hit point, my experience is that the winner of the jedi battle is going to win the whole game.

I'd say that's about 70% true, in my experiences.

We also play you can't shoot through the forcefield This means the Palace Guards can effectively hide there if they need to delay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Palace Guards are not allowed in the generator room at all (see pg 10 of the rules).

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Palace Guards are not allowed in the generator room at all (see pg 10 of the rules).

-MMM

Then what purpose is served by the "X"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

-MMM

Right but sometimes they gotta hide, and where else they gonna go, sir?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The purpose of the "X", I supsect, is merely to recreate the area from the movie (and to slightly slow down the victor's entry into the palace)

The Palace Guards can hide in heaven, where they belong. Stupid red-shirts.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Octavian wrote:
The Palace Guards can hide in heaven, where they belong. Stupid red-shirts.

This may be the single greatest line I have ever read on this entire website. Cheers, Octavian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
OK, I understand why there is a generator room in the game and all but what tactical reason is served by the extra "X" of traversable terrain between the force field and the entry to the palace used for?

See my post in this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/380014/how-to-handle-the...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.