Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried downloading the "DuneComplete-V1.1" from this site but it's missing many things. I've been able to cobble together pretty much everything I need except for:

Battle Wheels
Storm Marker
Storm Movement Markers

Can anybody provide any suggestions on where I can get these? Anybody else have problems with the Dune Complete PDF?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Trying to get the stuff to make my own game - can't get
All the required files are available here. I am pretty sure the wheel is in that complete package, but check the images for a wheel and a storm marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't need anything special for the storm marker or movement chits. The wheels are definitely in the files section. But even if they ain't, it's just a wheel with numbers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked all through the downloads and couldn't find those last three things...unless they are named something completely different than what they are. I tried downloading that complete package, but it's missing the same files I can't find anywhere else!

Part of the problem is I have no idea how big the storm marker is supposed to be (how much of the map does it cover?) How many or what the numbers (are there numbers?) on the storm movement...and I don't even know how many numbers are on the battle wheel!

I have never played Dune before, and the rule book shows vague pictures and the contents don't provide details...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I downloaded the complete file ages ago and it had every little piece....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crunk_posby wrote:
I looked all through the downloads and couldn't find those last three things...unless they are named something completely different than what they are. I tried downloading that complete package, but it's missing the same files I can't find anywhere else!

Part of the problem is I have no idea how big the storm marker is supposed to be (how much of the map does it cover?) How many or what the numbers (are there numbers?) on the storm movement...and I don't even know how many numbers are on the battle wheel!

I have never played Dune before, and the rule book shows vague pictures and the contents don't provide details...

Try here:

http://www.sorvan.com/games/dune/

This is in the LINKS section on the BGG dune page. It should have everything. The Storm marker should fit into the widest part one pie segment on the map. There are 5 storm markers, numbered 1-5 that need to have blank (or the same) backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, and I have a nice wheel that I made from scratch but I haven't had a chance to upload the PDF files yet. I will sometime soon.

I saw some photos recently added of another that someone made (check in the image gallery). The 'circle' is amde of several straight edges for easier cutting. There's no files, just hi-rez jpgs in the gallery I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I did find the battle wheel template in the pics section...I never thought to look there.

I have been to that webpage before and that's where I got a bunch of my stuff before I found the complete download...but even that page doesn't have the battle wheels or the storm marker stuff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kruijt
Netherlands
Eindhoven
NBr
flag msg tools
This overtext intentionally left blank.
badge
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battlewheels are on pages 37-40 in the "DuneComplete-V1.1" pdf. The Storm Marker and Storm Movement Markers are on page 37.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just completed my Dune set (photos to post when the glue dries) and I'm hoping to post the complete updated version as a pdf, but it compliles alot of other peoples work. I will send you the wheel and storm marker files, but they are adapted for the board posted by Davestar2 - find in the files

Any thing else drop me a line.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Battle Wheels
Storm Marker
Storm Movement Markers

Chris,

As others have mentioned, they are in there, you may just have overlooked them in amongst all the other pages of items (lots of bits). Having recently finished my own DIY Dune game, unless you are a real stickler for authenticity I'd recommend using Goldenturkey's much easier to cut out combat wheel (image 161277) and hex leaders (images 160901 and 160902).

The storm marker (a 2" cresent) and the storm movement markers (six penny sized circles) are brown and located together on one of the Battle Wheel sheets. The storm marker should only be large enough to "cap" the storm zone affected. Image 157707 should give you the proportions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did end up downloading those battle wheels that Goldenturkey posted, I think they're great.

I apologize for causing some confusion re: the DuneComplete download. I understand that it does contain everything, however the file is corrupted (or my computer has problem with it) b/c I've downloaded it three times and what I get is the rules and many, many pieces, but I also get about 7 or 8 pages of GRAY stuff: white pages with big gray squares and rectangles...nothing else. So this is what I meant when I said it was "missing" stuff...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange. Let me know if you still have trouble and I'll try and break up the PDF into individual pages for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Harmer-Barnes
United Kingdom
Rainham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You may need to obtain a more up-to-date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. It's free to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joey durham
England
TROWBRIDGE
WILTS
flag msg tools
Hi,

have just found out that there is a Dune Game and would love to get one, seen the prices so would love to make my own.

wheres the best place to down load everything I need?

cheers

J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.