Soon, the 1st Iludo Contest will start. It will be developed in Mataró, Barcelone, Spain.
It will accept only 25 prototypes and the first phase of rules will finish in June the 20th, or when the first 25 rules have arrived.
The rules are in spanish and catalan.
We accept protogames in english.
Rules in spanish
Rules in catalan
Iludo Contest web.
- Last edited Mon May 25, 2015 9:02 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Mon May 25, 2015 1:49 am
Hola. Any chance to get the competition rules in english?
We are working in an english version!
We have the Jury
Sant Adrià del Besos
- Last edited Mon Jun 8, 2015 11:38 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Sun Jun 7, 2015 1:06 am
Non official rules (they can contain mistakes):
1st Iludo Board Game Design Contest, organised by Asociación Banshee Errante and Verkami.
The contest rules are the following:
1. The Contest is opened to all the boardgames designers, that have not published more than 3 games before the contest opening.
Open to unpublished boardgames (from now proto-games), i.e. that have not been published before, either by external publishers, through desktop publishing, or in the course of a crowdfunding campaign. Games published on the internet can participate, if they have never been marketed.
The games presented can be of any type, except the ones requiring computer systems to be played. The games can be also for any number of people.
2. The Contest have three phases:
* Delivery of the rules (until 20th June, 2015) and first selection.
* Delivery of the model of the pre-selected games (before 1st July, 2015) and finalist selection.
* Jury’s verdict and winner’s announcement (18th July, 2015).
3. Participants must send:
* Game rules and a photograph or image of their components.
The rules must not exceed 10.000 characters.
They also need to send:
* a document with the personal data of the author (name, adress, phone number and email address) and the proto-game’s name.
* a document with the following game data: name, targeted for (children, family, experienced gamers, other), age range for players, number of players, approximate length of the game, game components, description of one game turn and theme to follow.
All this documents should be sent by e-mail, only using these formats: .pdf, .doc and .jpeg to: email@example.com, until 20th June, 2015 (limit date)
Documents could be sent in catalan, spanish or english.
Whole documents shall not exceed 25 Mb of size.
4. An author may not submit more than 1 game.
The Contest Organization will send a response to all messages with digital documentation submitted.
In this edition a maximum of 25 proto-games will be accepted, in order of arrival. From this number, candidates who send an email will receive a response indicating that the quota is full.
5. Preselected games authors will be informed by e-mail from the 24th June, 2015, and on the same message, they will be asked to make a complet game model ready to be played and they will be given an adress for the delivery. That delivery should be done before 1st July 2015. Damages that could receive the games during the shipping will not be attributable to the constest organization.
Author’s name should not appear in the documents sent (rules, boardgame and other game elements, box, etc).
Game models should be sent to a postal address confirmed by email.
Resulting award-winning models will remain in the Asociación Banshee Errante proto-game play centre.
The rest of the models will be returned in the Iludo days if the authors are present during those days. If not, models will be sent back to their authors before 30th Octobre 2015, by certified mail on national territory, or cash on delivery if not.
6. Pre-selected games will be tested and a maximum of 5 will be chosen for the Jury to assess and rate. Finalist Game authors will be informed about this phase.
7. A Jury composed of boardgames specialists and members of the Organization will meet in Mataró (Barcelona) between 12 and 18 July 2015, to assess and chose the finalists.
If a majeure force interrupt this calendar, the Jury would meet the following week.
The Jury’s decision will be unappealable.
Originality, playability, adaptation to different types of public, and cultural values of the finalist games will be valued. In any case, the jury will take into account the graphic design and the presentation of the models.
8. Jury’s verdict will be publish 18th July 2015. During the Iludo days, diplomas will be awarded to the finalists.
If the Contest winner attends to the Iludo days, he/she will be awarded with the prize the same day. In other case, the organization will contact him/her, via email or phone.
The Jury could declare the contest null if it deemed it necessary.
If is worthy, the Jury could grant an honorable mention to one of the finalists.
9. The 1st Iludo Boardgame Contest winner could have the possibility of finance his/her game with a crowdfunding campaign in Verkami, with a initial contribution of 100€, the 50% afford by Verkami, including editing collaboration and personal advising.
This conditions are valid until 31st December 2015.
The second prize will be a copy of “Una vida de juegos”, granted by Nexo Ediciones.
Rewarded people will count with the support in the media by Asociación Banshee Errante and Verkami.
In addition, the 5 finalists will have a stand to present their protogame to the Iludo days attendees.
10. If the winner game is finally edited and published thanks to the proposed conditions, the 1st Iludo Protogame Contest, Asociación Banshee Errante and Verkami should be mentioned
11. Participation in this contst means complete acceptance of this regulation.
If not, the game will be automatically excluded.
Thank you very much for sponsoring this contest. I have just submitted my game entry for Vampires & Villagers: Curse of Christoph.
3 days to end the first phase!
Well, the 1st Iludo Board Game Design Contest finished with the next results:
-1st prize: King of the Hill
authors: Oriol Tutusaus and Adrià Càmara.
-2nd prize (accésit): Naginata
author: Mario López Menés
author: Alfonso G. de Rueda
-Caza de Brujas
authors: Álvaro Lerma and Jordi Rodriguez
author: Hugo Jiménez
Congratulations to all the participants!