Popular Tags: [View All]
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Go Away Monster! several months ago to play with my now-15 month old daughter, Lucy, once she got to be 2 or 3. But she has seemed so fascinated with it lately that I decided to open it up and give it a shot. She was instantly fascinated by the bag of tiles. We sat down on the floor and I took one board and my wife, Julie, and Lucy took another. Lucy would reach into the bag and pull out a tile, and with a little help she would place it on the game board. All told it took about 5 minutes to play -- which was just about right. We all had a great time and I was very happy to have played my first boardgame with my little girl.

She won, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I was thinking about this game last week. I have a 14 month old who loves wood puzzles -- he can put the pieces in with a little help. I wondered if he would enjoy having this.

How did your daughter do with throwing the monsters out?

Did she get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
She didn't really get the throwing the monsters out part. Maybe next time.

She loved pulling the pieces out of the bag though. That was right up her alley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.