West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules/Updates: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/118483

Indiana Jones and the Will of the Immortal
Reporter 1 Thread

“Okay, what did I do – what did I touch!?” Indy thought.

But there was not much time for thinking. There was a sound of violently rushing water in the tunnel. Indy secured his hat on his head and sprinted back from where he came. As he got to the iron ladder he looked back – the water was crashing though just where had been. He still had nearly a hundred yards to climb and the water would soon be on top of him. He scraped up the vertical tunnel as fast as he could, skipping rungs at a time. But he wasn’t fast enough. The water swallowed him up only halfway up the ladder and he lost control. Holding his breath he just hoped he had enough. Seconds later the water spit him up on the sand next to a man holding a cane.

“Indiana, what happened?” asked the man.

“Another trap. How man….my hat. Where’s my hat!? It must have gotten snagged”

“Indiana, wait!”

A worthless request. Indy had already dove back into what was now a bubbling pool. The force of the water’s push was still strong, but fortunately his hat was only a few yards down, stuffed between two rungs of the ladder and caught on a jutting piece of wood. He found enough strength to overcome the water and grab it, before returning to the surface.

He shook his head. “At least I found something”.

As it always did, normal life returned in a few months after his escapade on Oak Island. It was a calm Monday after a day full of teaching classes. This was his most busy day. Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. was querying him on his botched expedition to Oak Island at Indy’s house.

“Junior, have you become just another historian turned pirate like the rest of them? Why were you so interested in the resting place of gold. There are far more important things in this world.”

“Dad, don’t call me that. There could be important artifacts in that hole – not just a pirate’s stash. And don’t you tell me about…”

There was a knock on the door.

Indy pulled the door open. A proud looking man was standing there, and seemed in no rush to reveal his business.

“Yes?” said Indy.

“I need to talk to you Dr. Jones – alone”

“Sure” said Dr. Henry Jones. “Indiana, leave the room, please.”

“No,” said the man. “I need to talk to Dr. Indiana Jones – alone.”

“Well what am I? Chopped liver?” Dr. Henry Jones mumbled and shuffled out of the room.

Indiana turned to the man, half smiling and half sneering.

“Oh do come in and have a seat...and what branch of the government are you from? I know your type. You all the wear the same crooked frown.”

The man strode in and sat in a large armchair, and set a briefcase aside. Indiana remained standing, directly across from him a few yards away. His eyebrows were raised, awaiting an answer. The man didn’t rush, but was rushed.

“I am from the Operation of Strategic Services, Dr. Jones. You can call me Cunningham. I have come to ask you for your assistance. I’ve come to ask you to serve your country. But that’s not all. There will be plenty of reward for you – from us, from your mission, and from civilization as a whole.”

“Whoa whoa whoa…hold on a minute. I am not on any mission right now. Serve my country? Isn’t that about done right now. The Russians are closing in on Berlin. Shouldn’t you be in Washington patting Patton on the back about now?”

The man shifted in his seat, gazed for a moment down, and then looked up.

“Something has come up, Dr. Jones”

“Oh something has come up has it. Of course….Why should I even listen to you? Last time I did, I swam through snakes and cozied up to the Nazis for nothing. Tell me what you did with the Ark and I’ll keep listening.”

“That I cannot do. I….”

“Then get out”

“Dr. Jones, this is very important. It involves the greatest historical discovery that ever can be. I have already notified Mr. Marcus Brody. The wheels are already in motion.”

Indy’s face clenched and he gritted his teeth.

“What!? You slime, you….”

“Listen. We have won the war, but something has happened. A discovery has been made.”

Indy took a step back. If there was something to stop him and make him consider it was a discovery of something historically important that had long been lost.

“A discovery? The lance?”

“No, not by us. Another one by them. It is the manuscript.”

“The Voynich?”

“Yes, with Hitler’s hope all but gone he has been feverishly attempting to decode it. He has had his officials and codebreakers working on it day and night in shifts. And they have had a breakthrough. As far as I know it involved one of their children playing with Lincoln Logs. Think of it…Lincoln now destroying the country, instead of putting it back together.”

Indy took a moment to consider all this. He had clearly not been expecting this. No one had. The Voynich had never been even close to being deciphered, even by the brightest men. And to have it happen now, just now, at the end of war, by a child, was for a moment, too much for Indy to put together. Then, his thinking returned.

“Hold on. How do you know all this?”

“We have a man inside. But of course no man can get that deep. It was by great fortune that he stumbled upon the news and was able to even copy a portion of the translation. Do you believe in myths, Dr. Jones”

“No, why do you think it’s called myth?”

Indy, shifted uncomfortably. He didn’t like where this was headed.

“Well what if instead of some or none of myths and beliefs were true – what if they were nearly all true?”

“What to you mean? Get to the point. What did the Voynich say? Better yet, let me see it.”

“The Voynich talks about the Garden, Dr. Jones. The author writes that he has seen it. All those pictures of foliage in the manuscript? Most are about alchemy, but there is a small section devoted to the Garden. Even more, he – or she – mentions the Tree. The Tree, Dr. Jones. And the author found something called ‘The Will of the Immortal’. The author says that many of the myths about Immortals are true.”

Indy strode forward.

”Oh, why didn’t you say so earlier?” he sarcastically boomed, “I’ll start right now! When should I expect the Star to appear to lead me? Look, if you need something of historical importance – meaning IT EXISTS, come back. But if you want to go find Jack and his beanstalk, go ahead. But don’t come looking for me.”

“Dr. Jones…”

“And the ‘The Will of the Immortal’? That makes no sense. If you are immortal why do you need a will? No, sir, what you have here is another fine collection of nursery rhymes. No reason to fear the Nazis. The war is over. Now, leave if you please.”

Cunningham didn’t flinch. He had plenty more info to deliver to Indy.

“The manuscript has already proven to be an honest illuminator. It contains the secret composition of Greek fire. And already we have authenticated that. In addition, its secrets have led our researchers already to discover the first steps of purified penicillin. No, this document isn’t the words of a person’s imagination. It holds secrets to the earth’s mysteries.”

Suddenly the door to the kitchen burst open. It was Indiana’s father.

“J-J-Junior, do you hear that? What is your problem? Do you not remember the Ark and the Grail? Some things that seem beyond fact are in fact true. What this man has given us is magnificent. A chance to discover the secret of beginnings. Of, of everything.”

“Dad, hold on, we’re not going. Besides, I’ve had enough run-ins with the Nazis. Surely this man has someone else to help, even if a small part of this scribbling is true.”

The man stepped in between them.

“Actually we do not. Our resources are incredibly low with the war going on, and we cannot afford to make a scene with a public contingent to stop the Nazis and recover what is there. And we can’t forget about the Russians.”

‘The Russians? I thought they were on our side.”

“Yes, we have a common enemy, but word is that already the Nazi force that Hitler has sent to investigate the secret of the manuscript has already run into Russian forces. It got messy, but most of the elite Gestapo escaped with the Russians not far behind. However, we believe that they also got a copy of the manuscript. We’re not sure how they’ll react, in terms of motive – whether they want elimination of the religious, erm, possibilities or secretly desiring to acquire the power it holds. Nonetheless, the agents who followed the Nazis, have not turned back. They are joining in on the chase.”

Indy shook his head and pounded the table with his fist.

“Hmmm, I’ve never trusted those Communists. Just something about them…still I don’t like the situation I’m getting into.”

“Neither do we, but something must be done.”

There was a pause. Cunningham continued.

“Yes, even more, there are some things we can’t share to the public as the war is drawing to close. But if war isn’t bad enough, we know discovered that Stalin is capable of terrible atrocities. I cannot tell you what he’s beginning to do to his people. And we’ve started to discover spies in our diplomatic network. Dr. Jones, you must stop them both, and recover what is there. Or at least stop what is evil from procuring it. The Nazis will be desperate. You have done this before, and while our agents are good men, they are not archaeologists or treasure hunters. Even if what the Manuscript describes is not fully true, surely there are things of historical significance in its path.”

Indy replied quickly.

“I’m not a treasure hunter. I’m an archaeologist. I was not searching for money in Oak Island, and I’ve had plenty of other significant discoveries.”

Cunningham nodded in quiet assurance. Then there was a pause for at least 5 minutes. Indiana and his father were pacing in the room. Cunningham now stood silently. Then Indy broke the silence.

“I will go, but dad, you must stay here. It’s too dangerous. Who else have you told of this Cunningham? And we have to go over the manuscript. Where does it suggest we begin?”

“Just Brody, I’ve told. You have made an excellent decision. We have made arrangements to have you taken to Samsun, Turkey, since the manuscript has the location of the Will and Garden somewhere in the Georgian region of Southern Russia. In Samsun you will find transport into Georgia, but it must be with hired guns. Anything with national ties will raise unwanted attention. I will have a couple of men over there to help, but I’m not sure where they will be at, and they don’t know you. But look out for them. In addition, many of the locals there despise the Nazis and are resisting the Communists in the struggle for independence. They will be on your side.”

“Fair enough” said Indy, “I will contact my people to meet me there….let’s take a look at that document.”

“Hold on Junior – I will not stay here and wonder about you. I may be no adventurer and swashbuckler, but I think I can at least be of help. I will not take no for an answer. If this is the end for me, it is the way I want it to end. A perfect ending to an age-old mystery. I will not expire by sitting here and decaying.”

“Fine, Dad, let’s look at the document and get going then.”

They went over the manuscript copy for the next many hours. Scribbling notes at different times in between looking at it. They were pulling books on the shelf and debating certain points. At the very end, they began preparations to leave, and Indy gave his summation:

“Well, the only thing it says the author actually found was ‘The Will of the Immortal’ and an immortal or immortality. Something like that I can’t be sure – it’s fuzzy which exactly. And whatever it was, it was left there. But it has to be referring to the sephiroth, the Tree of Life in some way. And then there’s the rest of the analysis…mythology from all strains. Very syncretic. We have the Book of Enoch, the nephilim and lots of notes about the angels, the ygraddisil, Arrata, Genesis, a third tree from the Chinese mythology, some sacred geometry, description of plant life, and a section that echoes Gilgamesh. Akkadian. Sumerian. Even Aztec mythology. We have it all here, but I’m not sure what it all means. What is fact and what is hypothesis? And besides clearly referring to the location as the present region of Georgia, Russia, around the Caucasus Mountains it doesn’t say exactly how we begin to find the Will of the Immortal. It doesn’t list a specific place.”

Indy paused, and his father quietly nodded, sitting down.

“Pack the copy away in a safe place, and I guess we just begin looking for anything we can find that has any relevance to what we’ve read.”

They then prepared to leave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Will of the Immortal: Reporter 5.
Area/Main Map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Day 2

D3

In the heart of the mountains, this is the region for the hardiest and most dangerous of hermits. Pskhu is quite small, but the most populated area for miles around. The roads look better on the maps than they actually are - cut rough and often portions are destroyed which makes it hazardous. However, it does have a decent landing strip, though the flight is not for the faint of heart as the mountains reach high into the air. But it's nice enough, especially with the the Etsk River running through the center, right through Pskhu. Here you see some you've already seen. You all are standing just outside of Pskhu...assessing your situation. Beyond the general feature of the area there is talk from the locals of areas of interest. First, tales of the valley run rampant (both good and tragic). Its northern side is treacherous. Also, there is said to be an abandoned estate at the top of the mountain along the road to the north, abandoned by someone excessively eccentric. Surely, all the locals have stripped it bare, but who knows what it contains. Finally, of course, there is Pskhu.

You begin to discuss these things with the people around you. The conversation, however, masks deep suspicion. There has been some strange activity here and none of you trust each other. And some might even have death on their minds. But for now, you talk and try to learn what these people are about.

Sub-Areas:
Valley
Abandoned Estate
Pskhu (village)

Adjacent Areas:
D1, C2, C4, D5

For now here are the current players in the thread:
MoonGoddess
Royalflush
anonymouse512
Yuma75
Belash
Stuey
genghis
bwt2q
Grimjester

YOU MAY NOW POST. Lynch on Wed. at 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Knock, knock...

Anyone here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yo,

I see some folks now I didn't see on the way over here. Know anything interesting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Stuey - I agree. In fact, when we were both back in Reporter #2, I shared the roles I know of. Mrs. Ketruda was one of them. The other is the thief.

The thief can steal objects from others
The thief decides alignment (good, evil, neutral) by Day 3 and wins with that team
The thief cannot kill

The consensus in our former thread was that good role info should not be shared in order to keep the evils guessing. Some folks with good role info did use their PM to send that info to Shugyosha, since he is a known good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwt2q wrote:
Stuey - I agree. In fact, when we were both back in Reporter #2, I shared the roles I know of. Mrs. Ketruda was one of them. The other is the thief.

The thief can steal objects from others
The thief decides alignment (good, evil, neutral) by Day 3 and wins with that team
The thief cannot kill

The consensus in our former thread was that good role info should not be shared in order to keep the evils guessing. Some folks with good role info did use their PM to send that info to Shugyosha, since he is a known good.

The same as us in Reporter 1.

But someof us did share the name of the good role, although nothing more.

I have Sallah (good) and Mrs. Ketruda (commie).

And it's good to hear you info on Ketruda is the same as mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Not only are we missing the vote record, we're also missing any info on what went on last night - was there a kill? This could be an interesting WW game indeed.

The best way to solve the voting record problem is to save the final tally from your last location, and bring that info to your next location.

In the #2 thread, our voting went like this:

11: No lynch - Javal(3), Latria(4), Stuey(5), Noaceyet(6), greek2me(7), Capap(8), Robbert(9), Shugyosha(10), slyde(11), MoonGoddess(12), Luthien(13)
1: Noaceyet - bagpipedan(1)
1: MoonGoddess - Kimapesan(2)
1: coker - bwt2q(13)

Not voting: coker, yuma75, acekim, kuchick, seanp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know an evil role too:

Ustin Samarok, NKGB (Communist), who learns the IDs of people he kills & knows the other officers.

---

We in Reporter #1 lynched a Communist whose name I forget, but they were apparently Brutal (killed Freyja).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
It's becoming obvious that we're each going to need to keep a file going about game info. At the very least, keep track of voting in your area, and roles revealed by others, so you can share when you get to the next thread.

I did not keep track of roles from yesterday, but will begin now. I remember Belloq being mentioned, with a goal of killing Indy. Don't remember anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Howdy!

In Reporter 1 we voted out Scotty_Bomb, who was a communist. It was either 6-5 or 5-5 tie with "no lynch".

We also shared a LOT of info on evil roles. jmilum assembled them all and I kept a record of it. Next post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Again, jmilum put this together and the intro text is his:

==================================================

I fear that our starting threads may not be accessible after tomorrow (hopefully they will), but we will all most likely be spread to the 3 main locations tomorrow anyway, so I decided to put this all in one post for convenience, you may want to copy this to your own computer as well. it may come in handy. Let's hope the other groups were able to do as well as we were. perhaps someone could summarize the role info that was given out (and that I have listed below)?

dbmurph22 wrote:
Scott_Bomb has been killed. He was Lesta Gorel (Communist) - Brutal
Freyja has been killed. Her role could not be discovered.
}b

known role info
Anonymouse512: 1 evil, 1 good
belash: 2 goods (?)
buffalospynovel: 2 evils
dig: ?
freyja: 2 evils
Genghis: 2 evils
Gregarius: 2 evils
GrimJester: 1 evil, 1 good
ithicks: 1 evil, 1 good
jaredh: ?
jmilum: 1 good, 1 neutral
melsana: 1 good, 1 ?
pbwedz: 1 good, 1 neutral
ptper: 1 good, 1 evil
rasattack: 1 evil
Royalflush: 1 good, 1 evil
Scotty_Bomb: 2 goods
seppi: 1 good, 1 evil
wiz8mom: 1 good, 1 evil

jmilum wrote:
1. short round is in the game and has some secret documents
2. Zung Hi is a Communist that wants to get said documents from short round
3. Zung will now if short round is in his area
4. Zung may have a one-shot kill ability, the role info was fuzzy on that. it says that Zung will appear as a Tinker to all of the seers IF he kills someone other than short round. from this I assume he has a kill power, but it was not listed, so I am not sure about that. perhaps it has to do with an item as I did not get a list of any items he may have.
5. zung's win condition is to kill short round or get the will of the immortal (so perhaps the documents don't really matter to him)

It would probably be a good idea for short round to not reveal given the above.

rasattack wrote:
I have info on an evil killer. Tepes gets an automatic kill each night that cannot be prevented by things like bodyguard or med kit. His night kill will be revealed as the target being impaled, so I imagine we'll be able to narrow down who he is after receiving enough info on night kills.

Freyja wrote:
I have info on two evils...

1. Ludwig Arnold-a Nazi Gestapo Officer

Victory Conditon - His team to Get the Will of the Immortal

Ability - Each night check a player in your area and learn what items that player has

2. Ivan Korets - NKGB Officer

Victory Conditon - His team to Get the Will of the Immortal

Ability - Each night check a player and learn what items that player has.

pbwedz wrote:
Fjodor Makarei

You are a member of the White Russians who has infiltrated the NKGB of Communist Russia. As a junior member, you do not know the identity of those elite officers that Stalin has sent, but they will know that you are one of them. You have learned where they are going, however…

Special Abilities:
3. Undercover: When checked by an NKGB Agent, you show up as Communist. You will show up as good to all other alignment seer(s).
4. Follow: You can choose a player in your area each night to follow. You go to the location they went to, search what they searched. You also get a random 1 sentence portion of a PM they send the next day (you will get it the next night).

Alignment:
Good

Victory Condition:
For Good to obtain Will of the Immortal.

------

Detective Nottingham

You are just here to do your job. And that is to catch the thief, Ra, which has been plaguing London by stealing valuable gems and artifacts. However, the talk of the larger quest that you hear is interesting.

Special Abilities:
13. Search for Ra: Each night you will know if Ra was in your area.
14. Lawful: If you kill an innocent you automatically lose.

Alignment:
Neutral

Victory Condition:
Kill Ra (you will know if you enter his location with his body), or Obtain the Will of the Immortal.

buffalospynovel wrote:
I know of two bad guys:

Xavier Segur

- Officer
- Can carry 3 items (not 2)
- Knows the ID of 4 other officers

Monkey Man

- Gestapo agent sees Nazi
- All other seers see Good Alignment
- Target a player. If the player is ANY kind of seer, the view is clouded.

As for my character, I remain nameless for the moment.. trying to think of a name.. Dee sounds like a good one.

Anonymouse512 wrote:
Ustin Samarok

NKGB Officer. (Communist-aligned)

-learns role of anyone he kills
-knows fellow officers

The other one is Dr. Jones, Senior.

Genghis wrote:
I have info on two roles. One is the Gestapo agent Xavier that Dee spoke of earlier. The other is an NKGB agent named Vadim Swatoslav.

His goal is to get the Will of the Immortal for the Communists.
He is allowed to carry three items instead of two.
He knows the identities of his fellow NKGB agents.

(Basically a carbon copy of Xavier, but Communist-aligned).

seppi wrote:
Like rasattack, I know of the Axis-evil Tepes - the only thing to add is the victory condition For Axis to obtain Will of the Immortal.

I also know of the good Felicia Darkin.

Gregarius wrote:
I know of two bad guys: Ludwig Arnold, that Freyja already mentioned, and Johnny Khamir.

Johnny Khamir:
Evil communist who shows up as good to every seer *except* the commie one, and he starts with a grenade. I can only assume that a grenade is bad.

GrimJester wrote:
I got info on one evil:

Johnny Khamir

- evil, communist
- shows as Nazi to Gestapo Agent
- shows as good to all other alignment seers
- GRENADE. only player in game who starts with one.

Royalflush wrote:
Mrs. Ketruda

1 - When checked by Communist shows up as communist, otherwise appears as good.
2 - Havoc - Choose a player in your area. If seer, their view is clouded and they learn who clouded it.

Communist - evil
VC - For Communists to get the Will

Sallah

Good of course (and I will not reveal the other info)

ithicks wrote:
Ivan Korets - NKGB Officer
- Knows fellow officers
- Can Search items other players have.
- Wants the Will of the Immortal.

ptper wrote:
Indiana Jones
--I'm not sure if I should give out Indy's information, since he's going to need all of our help to find the Will of the Immortal. Any thoughts on that?

-----

Yakov Dabizhiv

You are an NKGB Officer been sent by Stalin to investigate the secret of the manuscript and destroy all religious artifacts and evidence found.

Special Abilities:
1. Investigation: Each night you can choose 2 sub-areas, or choose one and find things first.
2. Fellow Officers: You know the ID of 4

Starting location/thread: x

Starting Items:
x

Alignment:
Communist-evil.

Victory Condition:
For Communists to obtain Will of the Immortal.

wiz8mom wrote:
And here are my known roles:

1. Boris Reutov

You are an NKGB Officer been sent by Stalin to investigate the secret of the manuscript and destroy all religious artifacts and evidence found.

Special Abilities:
1. Papers: You can check 2 people each night in your area to see if they have papers and you will learn if they are a Nazi or not.

Starting location/thread: x

Starting Items:
x

Alignment:
Communist-evil.

Victory Condition:
For Communists to obtain Will of the Immortal.

2. Pyotr Stepanov - a communist defector of good alignment.
I'm not going to reveal anything else about this role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Awesome! I'm copying this to my file for future dispersion.

To answer your question Stuey - the thread you're in will depend on what location you're in. This game seems to be all about finding the Will - I have no idea how we're supposed to do that, but going to different locations and searching them has got to be part of it, based on the rules. So I don't think it's really feasible for us all to wander around in a group.

That said, you probably do want to keep an eye on those you see regularly as you go from location to location. If you can catch someone saying something different from what they said before, that's pretty good grounds for a lynching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hey, where are we, anyway? I took a plane from Turkey, and now I'm here, in, um, Pshaw or something?

Interesting that the "no lynch" vote was so huge in #2. I'm generally pretty strongly against no lynch, myself. But we'll see.

Sadly, we didn't preserve the vote record from Reporter 1. I know Scotty_Bomb voted no lynch. Also Melsana and ptper. I think jaredh didn't vote. I don't remember.

Anonymouse and Royalflush were there too - do you guys recall?

bwt2q wrote:
Some folks with good role info did use their PM to send that info to Shugyosha, since he is a known good.

Cool. How'd that happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shugyosha is Marcus Brody. He "blends in".

It's in the rules:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/118483

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Merced
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Anonymouse512 wrote:
It's in the rules:

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
me too, grim. I went so far as to caution everyone to wait to send him info until we could confirm he really was Brody (he was RPing it up). That was BEFORE I realized I probably needed to read the rules rather than skim.

Does anyone else from thread #1 have the vote tally? If scotty_bomb was evil, it seems like we ought to be able to learn something from those who were voting with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I'm late, forgot to reset my clock with the time change and all blush
I did, however, bring some info from Reporter Thread #2 about the roles in this game, there's some overlap and I didn't get any details but here's the list:
Indy
Shorty
Dr. Jones
Thief
Marion Ravenwood
Ebru Pasa
Belloq
Monkey Man

OOC I am glad lynch has been delayed until tomorrow, I was afk all day, didn't think I'd make it back in time to read and vote so this worked out nicely

*MG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Klein
United States
Longview
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, checking in.....I too boarded a plane and ended up in this place. Recognize a few of you from Turkey.

I can confirm the existence of Brody(Shugyosha).

I can also confirm that in Reporter 2 yesterday it was voted No Vote. I was indeed one of those who did not vote. I misread the lynch time and didn't get my vote in.

I also was given the names of a couple of bad guys. One of them is the NKGB officer mentioned in the Genghis quoted text above, Vadim Swatoslav. Also, another, Rainer Knapp, Nazi Gestapo officer, checks 2 people in area at night to see if they are Nazi or not, knows ID of 5 fellow officers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in bracekts: [vote jmilum]

3. Only one unvote and/or vote per post. You may have both an unvote
and a vote in the same post, but the unvote must come before the vote

4. You may [unvote all] instead of naming the current player
you are voting

5. If you [vote nightfall] your vote will be locked (voting
nightfall is allowed in the same post as a vote for a player, but it
must come after it, this does not violate Rule #3)

6. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread hourly
if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each game day)
are also available on the Cassandra game page.

7. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

8. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

9. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

10. Quotes below the vote/unvote statement may cause the vote to be missed,
especially if they contain bolded sections.

11. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Retrieve Final Lynch Time Vote' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1375...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1375...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, I've decided to use Cassy for vote tallies. They are based on "sub-threads" in Cassandra. Please don't visit the sub-threads, if possible, and see post counts. I will not be keeping track of deaths via Cassandra however, so the list of "not voting" will increase.

For now however, I've decided to use it today and just make all you revote the way you want. You'll have to revote if you already have. It's a full day for lynch. Lynch at 6 PM.

[Dawn]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrimJester wrote:
Sadly, we didn't preserve the vote record from Reporter 1. I know Scotty_Bomb voted no lynch. Also Melsana and ptper. I think jaredh didn't vote. I don't remember.

I was there too, you know.

I voted to lynch Scotty. I don't like not having a lynch, as generally it is the only way for us to nail evil roles.

Ptper did vote no lynch, as he and jmilum (who voted to lynch Scotty) were jawing at each other over it.

BSN threw a late vote on a (distant) third candidate (Wiz8mom) for some reason.

Freyja voted for Scotty, and was on the receiving end of Scotty's brutal power.

That's all I remember for certain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a late flight into Pskhu. Since the days seem longer another came in via the skies. Belash has stepped out of the plane.

Belash is now in this area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have updated the opening text and locations for today. Remember, vote for someone or no lynch; lynch at 6:00. No posting PMing (except to me) from 6-8. For night actions submit either a sub-area or an adjacent area. You will search the sub area and remain in the same place. You will move to a new hex without searching if you submit an adjacent area.

Also, I will soon begin a copendium of rules clarifications on the rules page, at the end of the thread. The rules/update thread is now at the beginning of each reporter thread.

And it is here: Rules/Updates: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/118483

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We have a late flight into Pskhu.

Gesundheit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.