Subject: Glory/peril twice for last room? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco
Germany
Thuringia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick, basic question: Am I interpreting the (German) rules correctly by concluding that a room's glory/peril are awarded both when it is first entered during a player's turn and again for the room the player ends up in at the end of the turn? I.e., are glory/peril awarded twice for the last room a player enters during his turn (once when he enters it and once because of him staying there)?

Players tend to amass just too much glory/peril this way, IMHO, which is why I'm in doubt about this despite the German rules quite clearly stating things this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Peters
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you get glory and peril for each room you enter during your movement once. So, even if you cross a room twice during your movement, you only get glory/peril for that room once. And as long as you don't move back to the room where you started from, you don't get glory/peril for that room.
The only exception of this rule is: if you don't move at all you get the peril only for the room you currently are in.

SG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Germany
Thuringia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stargaze wrote:
No, you get glory and peril for each room you enter during your movement once. So, even if you cross a room twice during your movement, you only get glory/peril for that room once. And as long as you don't move back to the room where you started from, you don't get glory/peril for that room.

Thought so. Thanks for clarifying this that quickly!

Stargaze wrote:
The only exception of this rule is: if you don't move at all you get the peril only for the room you currently are in.

Probably that's what the rules meant to say but what instead caused my confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stargaze wrote:

SG

I would think that you would only get the peril/glory for the room you start your turn in if you don't move at all. If you move off the room and back I don't see that as entering a new room for the turn since you started in it. Am I wrong in this thinking?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.