Subject: Can somebody made a clear explain about REVOLT rules, plz? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darko
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After a thousands views of Shogun rules, I think the revolt rules are unclearly.

Can somebody make a clear explanation of it??? (with Wallenstein's rules if it's necessary )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Can somebody made a clear explain about REVOLT rules, pl
And just to make it a bit clearer, you do get the money or grain BEFORE placing the revolt marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr.Baggins wrote:
And just to make it a bit clearer, you do get the money or grain BEFORE placing the revolt marker.

The number of peasants that go into the tower equal the number of revolt markers in the province at the very start of the round, but you get the tax / rice even if the revolt succeeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darko
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thaks a lot everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koen
Belgium
Rotselaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy wrote:
or when taking over an unoccupied country you must put a revolt marker in that country.

are you sure? don't see this in the Dutch rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup when taking an unoccupied territory a revolt marker goes in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

This was true in Wallenstein, but that rule is not in Shogun.

Now you only place the revolt markers when confiscating rice or gold. However they do provide you with extra revolt markers, so you could play with the Wallenstein rule if you want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oops sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dypaca wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:

This was true in Wallenstein, but that rule is not in Shogun.

Now you only place the revolt markers when confiscating rice or gold. However they do provide you with extra revolt markers, so you could play with the Wallenstein rule if you want to.

Do we know if this was a rules oversight or an intentional change?

Randy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you Confiscate Rice or Tax a province that has no revolt marker:

1. Move rice marker/collect chests

2. Place revolt marker on province

If you Confiscate Rice or Tax a province with X revolt markers (where X is equal to or greater than 1):

1. Move rice marker/collect chests

2. Dump in tower all at once:

- All your army cubes in the province
- X farmer cubes from supply
- all cubes in tower tray

If you suppress the revolt (you win the battle):

Return to supply

- your army cubes in tray equal to number of farmer cubes in the tray
- all farmer cubes in the tray

Place in province:

- rest of your army cubes in tray
- additional revolt marker

If the revolt is successful (you lose or tie the battle):

Return to supply:

- all your army cubes in tray
- all farmer cubes in tray
- province card

Remove from province:

- all buildings
- all revolt markers

If winter revolt:

Dump in tower all at once:

- all your army cubes in the province
- number of farmers equal to number of revolt markers in province
- number of farmers as indicated by winter provision chart
- all cubes in tower tray

If you suppress the revolt (you win the battle):

Return to supply

- your army cubes equal to number of farmer cubes in the tray
- all farmer cubes in the tray

Place in province:

- rest of your army cubes in tray

If the revolt is successful (you lose or tie the battle):

Return to supply:

- all your army cubes in tray
- all farmer cubes in tray
- province card

Remove from province:

- all buildings
- all revolt markers

Player vs. player attacks

When attacking a player owned province with NO revolt marker, farmer cubes that come out of the tower help the defender and are returned to the supply.

When attacking a player owned province with 1 or more revolt markers, farmers that come out of the tower are neutral and remain in tray.

If attacker or defender wins, revolt marker stays. Revolt marker is only removed if it is a tie and the province goes neutral and everything is removed.
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
My hat is off to you sir. Your 10 times clearer then that crappy rulebook the game came with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Scheiderich
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules had the unfortunate pagination that left a sentence at the top of page 8. It states "If no revolt occurs, or if a revolt is successfully put down, 1 revolt marker is placed in the province." Bolded text was in the rules but did not help.

It was possible to interpret that rule (implying) that only Provinces that already had a Revolt marker (Rm) would ever gain another one - if a Revolt was sucessfully surpressed. We were adding Rms when taking a Neutral Province only and, needless to say, while adding some Rms, they were well scattered around. Addition of Revolt markers SHOULD have been a set of bullet points savings all of us much reading/posting.

What I cannot find, though I swear I saw it "officially", was that a Revolt marker was placed when taking over a Neutral province. I don't think that is a bad idea of itself but we would now try it correctly first as we should see 2x #players of Revolt markers per Season assuming no successful revolts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Mejer Hansen
Denmark
Horsens
Not applicable
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:

When attacking a player owned province with 1 or more revolt markers, farmers that come out of the tower are neutral and remain in tray.

I can find that rule in the english version of the rules, but I cant seem to find it in the german version. Granted my german is a bit rusty.
Can anyone with german as their native tounge comment on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Prickett
United States
Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that the revolt battle is resolved before the rice/chests are awarded to the owner. On the second confiscate/tax you have to put down the revolt before collecting income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Shipp
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kprickett wrote:
I thought that the revolt battle is resolved before the rice/chests are awarded to the owner. On the second confiscate/tax you have to put down the revolt before collecting income.

At least in Wallenstein, this was definitely not true.

Raady...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the English rules [which I had to download from the Queen website, as the game I bought only had German rules], I can't even find where it says you place a Revolt marker when you tax or collect rice from a province. Is this in copies of the game that contain english rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Dietrich
Germany
Troisdorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Polydor wrote:
In the English rules [which I had to download from the Queen website, as the game I bought only had German rules], I can't even find where it says you place a Revolt marker when you tax or collect rice from a province. Is this in copies of the game that contain english rules?

@polydor
Please refer to the English rules from the Queen website, page 7 at the bottom and on page 8 at the upper end:

"When a player collects taxes or rice from
a province, it is possible that a revolt will
occur. If no revolt occurs, or if a revolt is successfully put
down, 1 revolt marker is placed in the province."

Hope that helps and all the best from germany.
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules DO say (though it is WELL hidden) to place a revolt marker for tax collection, but I see nothing that states clearly that it is done for rice harvesting. It would make sense, but I don't see it in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:
[size=10]If you Confiscate Rice or Tax a province...neutral and everything is removed.

7 edits... I felt this rule about revolts was rather difficult, and apperantly I'm not the only one. I didn't get 7 chests since I lost a revolt. Didn't know we got the chests/rice before the actual revolt and independant from its result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth_Logan wrote:

7 edits...

Yes, but most of those were for formatting issues. I wrote most of it in a text editor, made sure I had the rules part of it right there before even starting the post. Plus I just have a tendency to edit ALL my posts a lot.

Your point is valid though - I did have to go through the rules several times. Start writing. Check the rules. Rewrite to clarify.

I'm just saying the number of edits isn't evidence of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see revolt questions are coming up again so I am bumping this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Hodgson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We've always played that when an attacker hits an opponent's units and a revolt marker is present in the targeted territory , then any green cubes aid the attacker ... since the peasants are pissed off at their damyo as it stands before the attack .

I thought that was a rule .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I collect rice from a province with one revolt marker, I add another one and put two green cubes from the supply into the tower.

I win.

Should a third revolt marker be put on the board then? In that case it will be 4 green cubes in the tower the next time I collect something from that province... If I win that one too, it will be 5 revoltmarkers totally, and it feels like it's way too much of them.

-----

I do also have a winter question. If I'm 1 rice short, one province is randomly taken from my hand, and one revolt marker is added to that area. But if that was the first marker, there won't be any revolt there right? Because two revolt markers are needed to result in a riot. Or does a revolt occur anyway, but only with 1 green cube?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Loytynoja
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LupusX wrote:
When I collect rice from a province with one revolt marker, I add another one and put two green cubes from the supply into the tower.

I win.

Should a third revolt marker be put on the board then? In that case it will be 4 green cubes in the tower the next time I collect something from that province... If I win that one too, it will be 5 revoltmarkers totally, and it feels like it's way too much of them.?

First of all, you do not add another revolt marker into province or two green cubes to tower. You add one cube into tower and if you win, then you add the second marker to privince. So after this there are two markers on province and after next time there will be three markers.

LupusX wrote:
I do also have a winter question. If I'm 1 rice short, one province is randomly taken from my hand, and one revolt marker is added to that area. But if that was the first marker, there won't be any revolt there right? Because two revolt markers are needed to result in a riot. Or does a revolt occur anyway, but only with 1 green cube?

You don't have to add any markers, just add number of green cubes indicated in the table into tower plus a number of revolt markers in the province. E.g. there are no revolt markers in the province selected, you just add one cube to tower. If there are one revolt marker in the selected province, you add two green cobes to tower etc. (If there is one rice shortage)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I get it, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.