Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: newjersey [+] [View All]
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again we'll be meeting to play anything we like. I'll bring Shear Panic and a few other new additions to my collection. Does anyone have Space Dealer? I love that game!!! (I can teach, too!)

Where: Princeton Panera, Route 27, Princeton NJ.
When: Wednesday, December 13th, 2006, 7pm-10pm[ish]. NEW DATE AND TIME!!!

This is the Panera on Nassua St. in downtown Princeton (not the one on Route 1 in Nassau PARK). I will reserve one of the community rooms as usual, so just walk in and find the pile of games in one of the rooms.

Anyone from BGG and their friends are welcome to join us.

Here's the post for the previous meeting:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/127944

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bring Medici vs Strozzi and Silk Road both unplayed....meaning I read the rules, but have not played the game.

There is a slight chance that I will have Taluva, 12 Thieves, and Yspahan but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to visit the central NJ area a few times a year for my job and have looked - without result so far - for a Games shop carrying the "better' board games > can you guys help me out on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luk Van Baelen wrote:
I have to visit the central NJ area a few times a year for my job and have looked - without result so far - for a Games shop carrying the "better' board games > can you guys help me out on this?

I am online ordering kind of guy. If you're in Central New Jersey....close to Princeton, give me a 2 or 3 day notice, go over to gamesurplus.com pick what you want, and we can set something up, and maybe I can be of assistance getting you some "better" games @ lower prices.

We have one game store in East Windsor, but it's a little bit of a hit and miss. "Gamer's Realm"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Gamers Realm is not one that I recommend. I guess there is a better store in the Woodbridge mall, but that's more north jersey... Anyway, the best thing to do is something like Rob suggested. order online, get it mailed to one of us and we can meet you somewhere to give you your new games! (all for the price of your soul, of course! devil ) If you wanted to just browse and catch some deals, you're out of luck in central nj.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob, I might have to flake out I have a presentation on Fri and experiments are not going well so far... So unless you hear from others that they are coming, you might want to reconsider. I can make the 13th for sure! Sorry about this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
13th sounds good......since nobody responded to this thread, I am cool with switching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for the suggestion.

I have ordered with Thought Hammer > will look into the seller that you suggested. Have the games delivered to a business colleague and am arranging transportation back to Belgium [ab]using yet another colleague.
What's a man without friends that can't say "No" to a personal favour?

Bottom line: no really good game store unless on line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bersak
United States
Hillsborough
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michele and I will not be able to make it this Weds. We have a company party we must attend. We'll try to catch you next time.

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Siegel
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I recently moved to Princeton and I'd like to join you guys for games on Wednesday. I could bring Die Macher, Goa and/or Power Grid Italy/France if you're interested in playing them (though of course I'd also be happy playing any of the other games mentioned on this thread).

Aaron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Eggert
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
My wife and I will be moving to central NJ (probably South Brunswick) in February 2007. Hopefully we can join you guys for games.

She will be at Rutgers-Piscataway as a post-doc, but I'm looking for a job. If you know of vacant positions for lab research, environmental science, or health & safety, please let me know.

-Brian E.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I am in for tomorrow night @ Panera....I think....I need to double check tonight, but I am pretty sure. I will not get there until after 7:00pm. I'll bring Medici vs. Strozzi and Yspahan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, blue hasn't checke in for about a week now. Wonder if everything is ok....

So maybe not tonight....maybe next Wednesday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back from Boston and on for tonite! (the 13th) I brought Shear Panic and Cartagena (though I dunno the rules to the latter yet) as well as Coloretto. I'll be there at 7pm.

This will be the last meeting until the new year (that I can organize... of course, others are welcome to organize meetings, as well!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'll be there....between 7:00 and 7:30.....

Yspahan and Medici vs. Strozzi

Blue,

PM with your cell phone#

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I could make it but Wednesdays and Thursdays are bad for me.

Another great Central Jersey Gaming Group can be found here.
http://boardgames.meetup.com/80/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a nice night guys, thanks for playing! Rob, Aarom, Olya, and I played Yspahan. I did not play this game before but I must have listened to someone explain the rules at BGG.Con this year because I kind of knew what was supposed to happen. Building the camel, money, and cube buildings early on definetely hhelped. I should have used the caravan better to prevent Aaron from beating me at the last scoring with his caravan points. Then, to our surprise, Brian joined us. I exaplained how to play Shear Panic, but we changed our minds because it was getting late. Instead, we played a game of Coloretto, my favorite filler and apprently Aaron's least favorite. Olya won, basically applying the tactics that I find useful in Coloretto: Take cards early and try to stick to two colors at least half way through the game. it is even better if these two colors are ones that nobody else is collecting. I did poorly exactly because I failed to do that in the first two rounds. Aaron mentioned For Sale as his favorite filler, and I must say, I think it has potential to be my least favorite, so when it comes to fillers, we are opposites!
Nice playing
Next meeting will be in January sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to leave early last night.....had the chills....I actuallty had a fever of 101.5 when I came home surprise Feeling better today....but not great.

We played Yspahan correctly...I am always afraid that I miss an important rule....but the only thing I missed was the starting capital of 2 Gold.

I want to play it again, and I'll promise to do better the next time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.