Mall of Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trading cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Softcheck
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't seem to find it in the rules or another post.

Is it legal to trade cards with other players? And if so, do they have to be at the same location?

I suppose we could make house rules on this issue. Has anyone experimented with this, and if so, how has it affected the game?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Little
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Karate Chop!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe it's specifically addressed, but my interpretation would be that they are not tradeable. They are already a powerful tool, and a key motivational factor in early game movement and deal making.

It would be interesting to see how making them tradeable impacts the game. I could see swinging a critical vote later in the game by offering a card to someone, but I think that further increases card value and makes it even more difficult for those passed over via cards earlier to make up ground (unless, of course, they're on the receiving end of those trades).

If trading were implemented, I do think I'd personally prefer to see it restricted to trades made as bribes during votes only, or at the least, among people with characters in the same location. Keeping it wholly freeform could add some time to the game as folks try to trade and optimize at every chance, not just at key junctures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked a similar question in this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/132996

And the post I was citing where the designer spoke up is at the bottom of this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/108726

So everything goes except actually, physically revealing the hidden dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Softcheck
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
wow, thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.