Brian Vogle
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My two daughters (ages 9 and 6) were off school today due to a snowday. After playing outside and then sitting by the fire to warm up, we all decided to play a game.

Dungeon is a game i played quite a bit with my best friend when i was little, and i picked up a copy on ebay a few years back, but have never had the chance to play. Thankfully, being half frozen, my daughters were easy to convince.

After setting up the game, I decided to play the basic game with them (only elves and heroes for the players, no wizards, spells, etc.). My oldest ("L") played as a hero, while myself and my youngest ("S") played as elves.

The games started off pretty routine. We fought for the level one rooms without much difficulty. L and I received a magic sword at this level, and S received a find secret doors card.

We proceeded on to level two. The first room entered, by me, resulted in a cage trap trapping me for 6 turns (bad roll on my part). While i was stuck in that cage, my daughters proceeded to clean up most of the level two rooms.

On to level three, and things started getting much harder. I had a bad luck run of finding two rooms in a row with Evil Superheroes in them, then a Werewolf. I lost to each, having to flee the first two times, and losing half my treasure and moving back to start the third time. My daughters did better, each slowing increasing their treasure horde.

I decided to run to a level four room to try to get an expensive treasure card to get back into the game. And there i met another Evil Superhero, who killed me. I decided to run to the highest area of the dungeon, but the first room i entered held a Red Dragon, which I couldn't hurt.

Eventually, S, having avoided the harder monsters and beating a few along the way got the last bit of treasure she needed. She headed back to the starting area, and won.

Overall, we had a great time playing. My daughters, who have never played a dungeon crawl-type game before, really enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris reichl

Appleton
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

I was 9 years old when, there was this article in Boy's Life that was about Wargaming. My mom took me to a local hobby store and it was between Dungeon! and Knights of Camelot. But we got Dungeon! I still own it, its my first game. Nice session report. I found the pdf files that contained what I was looking for as well. I plan on restoring my copy. I lost the box, time got the best of it. But the map, pieces and rules are intact, as a large percentage of the monster and prize cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.