World of Warcraft: The Boardgame – Shadow of War» Forums » General

Subject: Sessions, reviews, anything? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Any new images with the new cards? Session reports? Reviews? Does it suck or rock? Come on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Capsule review: If you enjoy the game its definatly worth getting, if you hate the game this expansion wont change your mind as it doesn't change much, just provides more options.

Agreed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am thinking about picking this up for a friend for Christmas. I find WoW to be a fairly involved, bordering on fiddly sort of game, though, and I'm wondering if the expansion is more of the same, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
Am thinking about picking this up for a friend for Christmas. I find WoW to be a fairly involved, bordering on fiddly sort of game, though, and I'm wondering if the expansion is more of the same, etc.

Um, and you think an expansion to a fairly involved, bordering on fiddly game, would make it less so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
Jowjow wrote:

Um, and you think an expansion to a fairly involved, bordering on fiddly game, would make it less so?

Not necessarily less so, but it may keep it the same. The new class talents and skills, for example, add to the game without adding to the fiddliness. Whether or not the fate deck and blue creature rewards do is up for debate.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played for the second time, this time with the expansion included, and found it much less fiddly. The 4-5 hours the game took really went by quickly and other than feeling a little let down that the end boss was taken down by a bunch of level 3's, it was a lot of fun. I think, though, that much of the fun in this game the fun of discovering all the items, quests, etc for the first time. I'm wondering how much that will hold up with repeated play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Carlson
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The expansion greatly improves the presence of the blue creatures with the missions, and several new event type things that make killing blue creatures _almost_ (but not quite) worthwhile. At least they aren't as ultimately as annoying as before.

The expansion also introduces a lot of items, powers, and abilties geared towards PvP play. Some of the destiny and event deck cards also add to the difficulty of sucessfully overcoming the overlord bosses. (Thus making the final PvP combat occur a little more often...)

Most of the changes I think add something to the game, such that the game with the expansion is definately improved over the game without it... (and not just the "more is better" side of things...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.