Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dante Gagne
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me start by saying that as the Overlord, I HATE Ghost Armor. I mean, I really hate that stupid item.

Which made me VERY happy to see that I now had a weapon to break that armor. One good hit by even a skeleton and the right card and BAM, no more ghost armor (Ok, it costs 4 threat too, but still).

However, one of my party members then suggested going back to town and buying a new one. Now, normally there is only one Ghost Armor in the deck, so once it's broken, there are no more available. But, the player argued that with normal shop items, once dropped or sold become available for sale, why wouldn't the Ghost Armor do it too?

So, what happens to items broken in this way? On one side, I don't mind the idea of my players spending 150gp repeatedly for the same item...

On an aside... maybe I'm being a kind and gentle overlord, but I thought using it to smash a character's primary weapon on the first turn was cruel. I drew the smash and Danger, which gives 10 threat. One skeleton, one arrow and since everyone spent all their starting money, the character would end up seriously gimped. I guess they COULD run around and punch everything for only their black dice, but really, how much fun is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean "Danger" and "Crushing Blow". My personal opinion would be that yes, it is available for re-purchase.

Your right, that would be a nasty combination on the first turn. Serves them right for spending all their cash! Evil Heroes. devil

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clarke
United Kingdom
St Albans
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just the black dice- all characters can make unarmed melee attacks with one red dice (plus bonus black).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Picioccio
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm at work right now, and I don't have the game in front of me - isn't Ghost Armor an artifact? I thought artifacts could never be purchased, ever, under any circumstances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mopic42 wrote:
I'm at work right now, and I don't have the game in front of me - isn't Ghost Armor an artifact? I thought artifacts could never be purchased, ever, under any circumstances.
And artifacts can't be destroyed with Crushing Blow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a shop item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then it goes back to the shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.