Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Browsing the images, I just noticed that the Hill Giant & Elemental have blue flags, and the Spider has green! As far as I know each 'level' of the creature costs you one level of council during setup. IE the Spider is 1, and the other two are 2 each, right?

In the future, couldn't they just print a 'Hill Giant Warlord' card, or 'Greater Earth Elemental' card, and include a red creature flag? Voila!

This is what really attracts me to this game; the flexibilty of the flag system. What'dyou guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
The flag color is the number of dice rolled in all cases (green=2,blue=3,red=4), including with creatures. A nice handy reminder. So no, it's not the level of the creature. I think the spider and hill giant are pretty close in power, since the spider has better mobility, while the hill giant has more dice. Also, isn't the earth elemental red?

But yes, you could make up a higher level spider that uses a red banner and 4 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, Green units / creatures have high mobility but limited power. Red units have high power but limited mobility. Blue units are medium on both counts.

So the effectiveness of the units / creatures can be tricky - having lots of red units means they are very powerful, but stand to take considerable losses from ranged units before getting into melee range.

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I'm pretty sure they've said that when you "buy" creatures with Lore MAster Level Tokens, that green creatures cost 1, blue 2 and red 3. They kept changing what they were saying, but I'm pretty sure that's how the game works.

Of course, someone WITH the game could come along and clear it up for us....

Damn European people and their already having Battlelore. Grrr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, you got me curious, so I looked at the rules for my copy (hey, not only Europeans have it!)

For the adventures in the booklet that comes with the game, it clearly says that the Giant Spider counts as 1 Level towards the War Council of the side the Spider is fighting on.

However, there is no 'generic' rule in the rulebook regarding crestures, so I assume it might not always be the case that a creature = using up a Level. I am guessing that the full level / creature relationship will be made clear when the army construction rules go live (or possibly the scenario editor).

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric Rothacher
Switzerland
Langenthal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As far as I know the spider has a green flag, the earth elemental and the giant have a blue one - always. Upgrading monsters will be part of the expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Pinguet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's interesting.
It's not stated clearly in the rules, but it seems that 1 slot/creature level would be too high a cost...
A "veteran" monster (red) would eat half of your war council for only a moderate increase in fire power.

This game looks great, I barely played and I'm already thinking of writing campaign scenarios (Warcraft style) with WarCouncil leveling tied to the previous battle outcome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
delattre alain
France
orleans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep but ther impact of the monster is really great and is value is often better than a level of hero in concil
i play all the scenario from the game with war concil
i try a council with elemental, spider and giant , with a commander first level(comand card 4) lore card cost three more

against human with a 6 point war concil (player choice)
and the game is fairly balanced

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.