Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TUCKBOXES are the folded boxes used to package decks of cards, so called because the ends tuck in. I would guess that ANY box with tucked ends would be called a tuckbox, but the only application I've seen of the word was for card-deck containers.

CYBERBOARD is a computer program that lets you recreate the board and pieces of a board game on a computer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Overton
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Carol, Here is a picture of some Tuck boxes for Arkham Horror.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/131369

There are tons that you can make for yourself. Here is a great
website that shows you how to custom make them and even has a
generator based on the game they are needed for.
http://www.ee0r.com/boxes/index.html

Goodluck,
D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the best paper to use for the boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
I use #110 cardstock, but I wouldn't use anything less than #65. Anything else is too flimsy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have posted a lot of tuckbox templates for games here on BGG. Those Arkham Horror ones mentioned above are mine. You can go to my tags or to my collection in my profile to see if any tuckboxes I have made and posted would be useful to you.

I got into making them to keep the cards and blind drawn tokens in my games from getting beat up while stored. I also liked doing the artwork layout on them to make them nice.

So, nowadays I post them here when I make them for myself so others can make them, too. I really only do tuckboxes for games I own or can borrow for a few days. It rarely works out for me to make them without being able to test the fit and color and such in person.

I like to use Epson Matte Double sided paper to print mine on. The artwork comes out very crisp and clean on them (especially if you use the highest ink saturation setting on the printer). The pictures come out fuzzy usually if I use regular cardstock. I use regular cardstock for tuckboxes that don't have artwork. It's a bit sturdier, but not much.

Also use double-sided tape for construction. I have never had good, sturdy results with anything else.

There are some very nice tuckboxes for games posted by others as well. If you follow my tags one of them will take you to a long geeklist of lots and lots of tuckboxes.

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dipdragon wrote:
In the UK, a Tuck Box is also a box for carrying a packed lunch or a number of snacks for a child to have during breaks in the school day.

Wow! I did not know that! You learn something new every day! BGG is a great place to learn about a lot more than just games, I guess.

-Helen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Harris
United Kingdom
Sutton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hholzgrafe wrote:
dipdragon wrote:
In the UK, a Tuck Box is also a box for carrying a packed lunch or a number of snacks for a child to have during breaks in the school day.

Wow! I did not know that! You learn something new every day! BGG is a great place to learn about a lot more than just games, I guess.

-Helen

Guess I can't call myself a *real* geek - this is the only definition that came to my mind blush

Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Tharme
United Kingdom
Eastbourne
flag msg tools
mbmb
dipdragon wrote:

Indeed, when I first saw them mentioned on BGG I assumed it was some sort of design for a lunch box that could be used to store game bits. It was only on reading this thread that I've learned what people were really talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a handy list that shows a lot of them...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/16006

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
tinykitty wrote:
dipdragon wrote:

Indeed, when I first saw them mentioned on BGG I assumed it was some sort of design for a lunch box that could be used to store game bits. It was only on reading this thread that I've learned what people were really talking about.

Mmmmm..... tuck sandwiches!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.