Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would see what happens, because I just talked to Miles at Games Paradise and it's all still up in the air (perhaps literally). The game may be queued up for a couple of weeks at the ports due to the Xmas rush, but then it may not. And he reckons that if DoW send both minis we'll get them (and DoW said they were sending both to Australia, so I don't know where you got that info from).

In other words, we have to wait and see, but it sounds more like a couple of weeks than late Dec/early Jan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What did people expect? It's only just arriving at stores in the US.

If local retailers used a freight forwarder, we can expect them in 2-3 weeks (depending on customs). If they shipped by surface, expect a 2-3 months wait.

If you really want copies, my suggestion is to get it airmailed from an Online Game Retailers in the US (some of them has guranteed the promo figures).

If not, wait. In the meantime, get C&C Ancients and the expansion (in Australia already).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think everyone got very excited because someone in NZ has already received a copy. But I was hoping no later than mid Dec, I must admit. The store I preordered from usually gets games in pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Allen
Australia
Ngunnawal, Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MilSims have suggested 'early 2007'.

I normally expect delays according to the rest of the world, but New Zealand already has it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why NZ has copies. Perhaps the store got copies shipped express?

There are online game stores that will ship using either:

1) DHL (express can take 1-2 days)
2) EMS (3-5 days)

To be honest, this might be a better idea if you're desperate for the game. Global shipping will cost US$50-80 plus the game costs. This would be about the same cost or slightly more than the cost in Australia.

If not, you can order for Full RRP (US$70) from DoW and it will cost $35.32 and take a week to get to you.

That's about AU$130. Only 20-30 bucks above what you'd pay locally AND you get the hill giant AND earth elemental if you order by Dec 6th.

Also here's something from DoW:

Quote:
In other countries, including Canada, Australia, … -

The products are starting to go out to our various distributors’ shipping brokers this week. Date of actual availability in stores in your country will depend upon a number of factors (such as transit and customs time) out of our control. If you have questions regarding availability in those places, please contact your local reseller directly or have them talk to their regular distributors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just as suprised surprise as anyone else when I got the call that my FLGS had the game and promo's ready for me to pick up. I think the store owner per-ordered a copy for himself so maybe he got them shipped express.

Anyone in Christchurch interested Comics Compulsion on Manchester Street might have more copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
shawn_low wrote:
What did people expect? It's only just arriving at stores in the US.

We always tend to get stuff around 1 - 2 weeks after a US release.
So this 'Early January' stuff is crap, sounds more like Mil Sims can't be arsed rushing now that the pre-orders are in.

I think that Frank is correct. Which is why I preordered from Mind Games instead.

Also, I did some digging and realise that NZ has copies because their local distributor got it in very quickly (along with the two promo figures). The distributors here in Australia aren't nearly as efficient.

Why? The NZ distributor also has stuff we don't have:

Cartegena II
Leonardo da Vinci
Gloria Mundi
Shear Panic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I pre-ordered from Milsims, I hope it's not early Jan, I won't be happy considering on their pre-order email they had 30th November listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Hudson
New Zealand
Wellington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tim from Pixelpark (the NZ distributor) had his copies shipped straight from China at the same time as the US had theirs shipped to the US. THis is why NZ has copies now. He also has the Earth Elemental & Hill giant figures. Mine should be here early next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know who told that guy we might not get the Earth Elemental. shake

DOW have said we were getting it

I pre-ordered with Milsims and just before DOW announced that we would get it, Milsims emailed saying that the Earth Elemental would be included with all pre-orders as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Allen
Australia
Ngunnawal, Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest (this morning) from Milsims ...

Battlelore was only shipped out by DOW to suppliers last Wednesday US Time, so we hope it reached our air freighters in time for the weekend shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rauscher
New Zealand
Mount Victoria
Wellington
flag msg tools
I pre-ordered from Urban Warfare in Newmarket, Auckland. Should I be dropping down today to check on the pre-order status?

Note: Edited above. Listed Neutral Ground, a game store in New York I visited over the U.S. holiday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PvdR
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David_Rauscher wrote:
I pre-ordered from Urban Warfare in Newmarket, Auckland. Should I be dropping down today to check on the pre-order status?

Yes - I just picked mine up from All Aboard games in Featherston.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well our supplier has told us they've been invoiced and we'll get them next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is amazing - I can't believe you NZ guys are getting it before us! You lucky, lucky b*stards! (in Monty Python voice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard from Milsims too and they said:

It is on the plane this week to us

So hopefully soon.

Ben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's beginning to look like Australia is going to have the dubious honour of being the last in the world to get our BL preorders. Argh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
mindgames said 2 weeks yesturday.

Ouch. If you want it earlier, I would suggest:

1) Ordering direct from DoW (1 week)
2) Ordering from a store in NZ

Both will end up about the same as what you'd pay locally or slightly more but both deals ensure you get the promo figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to tell you this guys but I'm so chuffed I must - I just got a copy today! To my great surprise, the game and both promo figures arrived direct from DoW with a note thanking me for my work on battleloremaster.com: "a small gift from your friends at DoW". Truly DoW is certainly one of those rare companies run by people who really care about and appreciate their fans.

Anyhow, the game looks fantastic. You'll be shocked by how much more detailed the figures are in person than in the photos. I'll be putting a report and photos on my site soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Well-earned for all your hard work on your website. You've done a lot of goodwill-building for BattleLore and it's great to see them aknowledge it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon MrSkeletor, you know you must give in! I know you're a sucker for beautiful games with lots of bits and this one tops them all. Joooiiinnn usssss ....

... And thanks for the comments lads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UniversalHead wrote:
I hate to tell you this guys but I'm so chuffed I must - I just got a copy today! To my great surprise, the game and both promo figures arrived direct from DoW with a note thanking me for my work on battleloremaster.com: "a small gift from your friends at DoW". Truly DoW is certainly one of those rare companies run by people who really care about and appreciate their fans.

Very nice! Your hard work on the site has gotten the attention it deserves! Looking forward to the game hitting Aussie shores this week (I hope!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note to say Galaxy Bookshop has it instore today (Wednesday). Now to wait 'til the end of day to open my copy.....

Oh and the invoice says that we got our pre-order figures (yay!!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Adam, we must have a game! Finally played for the first time last night - the Agincourt scenario three times in succession and got whipped every time (twice as the English!). Shameful. In my defense I was the victim of some preternaturally bad dice rolling and a few too many beers ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tall
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Peter,
be happy to organise a game at some time.

Cheers,
Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.