Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilbert Ng
Philippines
Mandaluyong
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just bought "The Khind" deck and played it against a "Mimix" deck. We seem to be stuck with some of the rules. Here is a scenario and my question:

I have a Total Power of 8 based on my cards in play (Mimix deck): I have one Character card with a Value of 5, a Booster with a value of 2, and a Support card with a value of 1.

My opponent has a Total Power of 2 based on cards she has previously played (Khind deck --- TopBanana). It is now her turn and she wants to play TopDog (Value = 2) and TopNotch (Value = 2) Character cards all having same Gang icons. The Total Power that my opponent shall have, in case she plays all three cards is 6.

TopDog special text reads: "On my turn, I may discard one of your active cards that has an icon, except your last remaining active character card and PROTECTED cards."

TopNotch special power text reads: "On my turn, I may discard one of your active booster/support cards."

Can my opponent possibly play the above two cards even if my Total Power is already 8? She says the Special Power Text of the two cards TopDog and TopNotch takes precedence before the matching of Total Powers of the cards. So the Special Text for TopDog will discard one of my active card w/ icon therefore reducing my Total Power to 6. Then TopNotch will force me to discard one more card which is a support card further reducing my Total Power to 5.

Is this the correct way to play it? Does the Special Power Text really resolves first one by one before players compare their Total Powers? Or should your opponent's Total Power required to be met first before a card's Special Power takes effect?

Character Card Value = Casting Cost?

- Which is correct? -

I am thinking the Value of the Character Cards is the casting cost just like in Magic The Gathering. Before the Special Power Text of those cards can be used, the Total Power of your opponent must first be met.

- OR-

Does the Total Power of your opponent does NOT need to be met before the Announce Power Phase?

For example: If you have a Character Card that has a Special Power Text that can discard an opponent's card on your Character Phase, can you play that card to your advantage to decease your opponent's Total Power immediately even wthout meeting it and before the Announce Power Phase? Considering you still have one more card to play that can also decrease your opponent's Total Power even further so when you are in your Announce Power phase, you already have met or surpassed your opponent's Total Power as you have reduced them beforehand.

Please help we are kinda confused by this. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
brel wrote:

Can my opponent possibly play the above two cards even if my Total Power is already 8?

Yes. She doesn't need to match you until she announces power, at which point your total power will have dropped due the the discards.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Ng
Philippines
Mandaluyong
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thanks for the quick reply! It's much more clearer now. I think I'm going to try and play the Khind again and test this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.