Popular Tags: [View All]
T.A. de Vries
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I am thinking about organizing a grand ACTA campaign for my gaming group.
The "only" system I can find which might be suitable is the "Victory By Any Means" ruleset.
I recently found out that the VBAM system was originally developed for the B5 Wars game (By AOG).
But when AOG lost their license, modifications were made to the system, which made it more generic.
So has anyone ever actually tried this with a B5 game (B5W or ACTA)? Does it still play well with B5 after the modifications?
And is there anything left of the B5 races (planets, background, technology, star charts etc etc) in the VBAM books (or is it available seperately)?

Any info would be welcome!

Thanks!!!

Regards,
Darken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not interested in the SFoS campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.A. de Vries
Netherlands
Delft
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi agashamirv,

I don't have the Sky Full of Stars supplement, just the "old" basegame.
I also wasn't aware that that SFOS was a campaign system! I thought that it only contained rule changes.
Is the campaign system comparable to and as complete as VBAM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd Ed. had the campaign. I can't recall now whether Sfos had the campaign, or just the rules update to 2nd ed.

I think it did, but not sure.

The jist of the campaign is that you have a solar system, and each planet/neteor field/etc. had value either strategically or economically, or both.

Everyone IRRC would simultaniously make their moves with their fleets, so you might do flybys of each other, or get jumped without expecting it, cool stuff like that.

It looked simple and fun, but we didn't get around to trying it out.

It was also scalable, you could use more planets or solar systems to make it go longer, or accomodate more people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.