Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No windmills or pirates here; we're playing the purest form of golf...VCR Golf! In this late 80's title, players must choose between using sure-thing club cards in their hand, or testing their VCR pausing skills with the video tape in order to shave the most strokes off their game. Is this version of the ancient game as exciting as playing real golf, or is it as exciting as watching real golf? Plus: in the Battle of Wits, we peer into the future...

http://tableflipsyou.blogspot.com/2015/05/no-windmills-or-pi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're killin' me, Smalls.

And then there were three. No, not the meh Genesis album, but I just picked up a new copy of this on eBay for cheap. First, Heartthrob, then the McDonald's Game, now this. Sounds like simple stupid fun, and while I was a hack, I used to play golf, so I couldn't resist the epic cheese here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Chase

Beaverton
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solid episode! Laughed so hard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Experience beige!

Definitely my new catch phrase. Don't worry. I'll send royalties. In the form of points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rupp
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The end of the Battle of Wits was the biggest facepalm I've had in a while. Can't believe I didn't see that coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pjr86 wrote:
The end of the Battle of Wits was the biggest facepalm I've had in a while. Can't believe I didn't see that coming.
Agreed. I was very impressed with Jared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Michaud
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipTheTableChris wrote:
[q="pjr86"]The end of the Battle of Wits was the biggest facepalm I've had in a while. Can't believe I didn't see that coming.

You're telling me! Jared out-cheated us all. And yes, all of us were absolutely cheating. This is Patriots country, after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rupp
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlipTheTableChris wrote:
FlipTheTableChris wrote:
[q="pjr86"]The end of the Battle of Wits was the biggest facepalm I've had in a while. Can't believe I didn't see that coming.

You're telling me! Jared out-cheated us all. And yes, all of us were absolutely cheating. This is Patriots country, after all.

Bance-Gate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pjr86 wrote:

I wasn't sure he was actually going to do it, but I remember thinking that he should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
Quote:
Experience beige!

Definitely my new catch phrase. Don't worry. I'll send royalties. In the form of points.

I want this on a t-shirt… with a Klingon in khakis or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spotted over the weekend:

Yeah, I passed on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Koser
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
Carson "Can't Miss" Wentz!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys are really killing it with your "post-credits scenes". This might be my new favorite, right up there with the "guess the postage" game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
briankoser wrote:
You guys are really killing it with your "post-credits scenes". This might be my new favorite, right up there with the "guess the postage" game.

+10,000

I would pay cold hard cash for a RiffTrax-style audio track of wrestling/golf commentary that I could play on top of a Chikara video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.