Subject: Google checkout and other Online Game Stores? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word from the other online game stores as to whether they're going to be getting in on the Google Checkout discounts? Not sure what the cost is to them or who absorbs the costs of the discounts---is it shared, etc.

But it would seem a way to boost sales during this shopping season before Christmas.

Any of the owners who are members here at BGG care to comment? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kuznick
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Merkles Boner wrote:
Not sure what the cost is to them or who absorbs the costs of the discounts---is it shared, etc.

I obviously have no clue, but I'd bet Google is absorbing the majority of the costs, just so they can snoop on our buying habits a little more. devil It would be pretty hard for an online merchant to eat nearly 40% of their gross sales and survive. Google on the other hand, has plenty of money to flush down the toilet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ashby
United States
Gardner
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I picked up Bootleggers from some store called BoardGameWarehouse using Google checkout. The receipt that shipped in the box from the store did not reflect the price I actually paid through Google so my guess is that Google is eating the savings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Richard, thanks for posting this. I wanted to give Ticket to Ride to my relatives in Florida for Christmas. Since it's $31.95 at Boardgamewarehouse.com, I got $10 off from Google, which paid for the shipping, and I sent it straight to Florida.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynthia Landon
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgamewarehouse.com is a dead link for me. Anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
works for me...just checked again. About the same as most other places in terms of cost after shipping. No experience with them, though. Anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this link for boardgamewarehouse:

http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofiles/default.aspx?s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Google Checkout for my store - www.chumpmonkeygames.com but I don't have any promos with google on saving $. I'm trying to find out how to integrate it

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.