Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew St.Lawrence
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Saturday after Thankgiving the wife and I had some people over to play games of various types. The big winner of the session was Wits and Wagers.
The group included Mike, John, Bob, Sarah, Liz(my wife), and me. Normally this is not a group that would flock to trivia games as I have a tendency to know a lot of worthless information and the others don't really care but after reading about Wits and Wagers on BGG I thought it would be a good fit. I was certainly right. The first game was tight all the way until the end when it came down to Bob and I. On the final question both of us knew that Cheers had gotten a whole ton of Emmy nominations and were the only ones with money in the right place. He had more there so the first game was his. The second game really showcased how this is anybodies game until the very end. Sarah had been trailing for the first 6 questions but she was the only one who guess that a 100lb person on the moon would weigh less than 20lbs and since everyone else had gone all in she was the winner. The group enjoyed this game immensly. I would recommend this game for any party as a great way to get started or take a break between longer and more intense games. The fact that it was competive, fun, and relatively quick means that it will be brought back out the next time people are over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.