Subject: Transparent bonus markers vs. reconfiguration? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco
Germany
Thuringia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question: Is a transparent bonus marker removed if the respective input of a machine is later on reconnected in such a way that it is no longer supplied by another machine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The transparent tokens only go on the input of machines being supplied by other machines. I've played that they get removed if that condition is lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, only the connections at the end count. The transparent tokens are there to hold the situations clear. In theory they are not nescesary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Germany
Thuringia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the authoritative response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wait to place them at the end of the game, it prevents a considerable amount of confusion.

They really aren't necessary anyway, I consider them "helper bits".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
I just wait to place them at the end of the game, it prevents a considerable amount of confusion.

Yes, it seems useful to place them during scoring to keep track of which connections have been scored, but during the game, they only serve to clutter the board and obscure the machines' input numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
they only serve to clutter the board and obscure the machines' input numbers.

Although the input numbers can always be implied by the bonus marker

5 = 1
10 = 2
15 = 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
Bagherra wrote:

Yes, it seems useful to place them during scoring to keep track of which connections have been scored, but during the game, they only serve to clutter the board and obscure the machines' input numbers.

Conversely, the people I play with tend to prefer placing them during play to avoid confusion about how many bonus points someone will probably be getting, and thus have a clearer idea of people's relative standings...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
game_boy wrote:
Bagherra wrote:

Conversely, the people I play with tend to prefer placing them during play to avoid confusion about how many bonus points someone will probably be getting, and thus have a clearer idea of people's relative standings...

Would these people be AP+ by any chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
game_boy wrote:
russ wrote:

Would these people be AP+ by any chance?

No, it's simply a way to decide if you want to play riskily (due to being way behind and having nothing to lose, so you may as well grab what looks like a promising machine quickly and hope it fits like you hastily think it will), or if you can be more calm and not too hastily grab a machine that might cost you points.

If that's AP, then your definition of AP is harsher than mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.