Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it my imagination, or is sections 9.6 and 9.7 badly written? Or am I being dense?

9.63 seems to imply that two Armies with two different Leaders could be treated as an Army Group with one Leader as the Commander. One thus could have two Armies in one Duchy, treat them as an Army Group, and pay 2 CPs to move them together into an enemy held Duchy and initiate a Battle with both Armies.

But 9.7 states that only one "Formation" can start a battle and that "another Formation" that "moves into the same Duchy with another CP even if it started in the same Duchy with the other moving Formation" can not participate in the battle. This seems to assert that an Army Group that uses 2 CPs is NOT a "Formation" and therefore only one of the two armies would actually be in the battle.

But if that interpretation of 9.7 is true, what exactly is the point of calling an object consisting of two Armies an "Army Group?" I'm soundly confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
A formation is a soldier, a leader, or any combination of them. So, an Army Group is a formation. Does that clear it up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.