Popular Tags: [View All]
Myke Madsen
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RyanMC and I met for lunch and a game of Blue Moon. I hadn't played or really seen the Buka yet, but I thought this was as good a time as any at trying them out.

I got behind one dragon early and generally had a hard time matching his strength and dealing with some nasty Aqua support cards. I no doubt underutilized the ships and the bluffing cards. I think I was far too hesitant to actually bluff. Knowing when and how to bluff will take some time. When playing against the same opponent many times your bluffing history will no doubt come into play -- so maybe it's a good thing I played this first game straight-up.

Just as I was building up for a good finish, with a full ship and a decent hand, Ryan was able to end the game (by running out of cards) with one dragon on his side.

As others have stated, learning how to effectively play this deck will take some time beyond simply familiarizing yourself with the additional rules. Similar to the Khind gang icons, the bluff icons add another dimension to each character card: you need to know each card's Fire value, Earth value and bluff color to effectively plan your moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to-the-point session report
I've got Buka on order... can't wait for it to arrive!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.