United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
We finished our game night with some Blue Moon. Jer, Nat and I had all played before, but Tiff had never played. Tiff and Nat pulled out the base decks to use while Tiff was learning, and Jer and I played with the Flit and Buka decks.

Tiff and Nat played a total of 4 games with the Hoax and Vulca decks, each game was won by the Vulca. My favorite quote of the night came from my wife. She asked as we started, "Is this like Pokemon or something? Do we have to battle our little monsters?" You could tell she was skeptical from the start. She got creamed as the Hoax. "This is pokemon, I am such a loser." The night did go better after they switched decks. Tiff ended up winning three straight hands. She even pulled off a "5 dragon" win by pulling 3 dragons her way when she already had 2. I think she may end up liking the game after all.

Jer and I only got in one hand while we helped Tiff through her first games. I played the Buka and Jer played the Flit. I had a consistent 1-2 dragon lead through 90% of the game. I had a ship filled with 3 Buka characters and landed it hoping to give me the final 2 dragons I needed to win the game out right. I landed and went to a power of 12 earth. Jer wasn't able to match me, but he played a card allowing me to only attract one dragon. The game continued. I had put all my eggs into that ship landing and Jer was able to fight back and win due to a forced retreat by a margin of 1 dragon. It was a good game. I still need to figure out the Buka better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.