Popular Tags: rules [+] [View All]
Matt Spence
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DUNE:

Storm clafication question
In the rules, it states the Storm wipes out all tokens in its sector and any it passes through.
Just to clarify, the board is set up like a wagon wheel with the polar ice cap being the spoke. Therefore the sectors are the pie-like sections, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes--if the storm goes over part of a sand territory, only those sectors which were pased over or in the storm are affected by it.

Sectors only matter for the storm and the spice blow and harvesting--you have to specify which sector the tokens are in after movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Spence
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see if I understand you correctly...
For example, the storm marker is in the sector with HOLE IN THE ROCK
(2 o'clock position) it moves 3 spaces counterclockwise finishing in the section with HAGGA BASIN/ARSUNT/TSIMPO/BROKEN LAND/PLASTIC BASIN.
Any tokens/spice in desert territories are destroyed (not Imperial Basin) in that sector and the two proceeding it. Right?

Thanks for the help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batmatt72 wrote:
Let me see if I understand you correctly...
For example, the storm marker is in the sector with HOLE IN THE ROCK
(2 o'clock position) it moves 3 spaces counterclockwise finishing in the section with HAGGA BASIN/ARSUNT/TSIMPO/BROKEN LAND/PLASTIC BASIN.
Any tokens/spice in desert territories are destroyed (not Imperial Basin) in that sector and the two proceeding it. Right?

Thanks for the help

And tokens in HAGGA BASIN, TSIMPO, and PLASTIC BASIN, could survive if they're in the next sector over (counter clockwise). That's why you have to indicate which area the tokens are in at the end of movement. The areas can span multiple sectors; so, one group of tokens in an area may be wiped out while the others are safe--it all depends on what sector they are in, not which area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Spence
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.