Subject: Key Issue Tile question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By placing the '2' Key Issue tile on an Issue am I right in thinking that this prevents it being exchanged in the Media Phase: by a party with a simple majority in Media and also the later phase 'Convert Meeting Markers into Votes', by a Party with an absolute majority in votes?

This would appear to be the case reading section 6.2.3. (Valley Games edition) which says 'Only one Key Issue Tile may be in effect in a state at any time and an issue with a Key Issue Tile on it cannot be removed until it is reduced to a normal issue.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom DeMarco
United States
Cinnaminson
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your thinking is right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per FAQ

Question: May opinion cards with a doubler card be removed with the exchange by a majority of votes?

Response: No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this one. Can the ability to replace during the Media phase or during the converting to votes phase instead be used to reduce a key issue to a regular issue or can that only be done with a shadow cabinet card?

In other words if there is a key issue and I have media control by the end of the media phase I know that a key issue cannot be replaced. But could I reduce it to a regular issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanders
United States
Greendale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roliander wrote:
How about this one. Can the ability to replace during the Media phase or during the converting to votes phase instead be used to reduce a key issue to a regular issue or can that only be done with a shadow cabinet card?

In other words if there is a key issue and I have media control by the end of the media phase I know that a key issue cannot be replaced. But could I reduce it to a regular issue?

Sadly, no. This is only a Shadow Cabinet card effect. I was thinking the same thing as you during my last play - "I wish it was an option" - but, no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.