Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shawn zeppi
United States
springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. I took the rules and made them into a miniatures variant. This was a fairly easy thing to do. I scaled the map onto my 5’ x 8’ ping pong table and modeled the black gate and Sauron’s pedestal. Putting in movement rates that correspond to hexes is easy as well. The figures are mostly Heritage Elan Merch (had to use Rohan foot soldiers for some of the men). There is a picture from the battle posted on this site. I used 6 miniatures on a base to represent one unit in the game. If anyone is interested in the rules, I would be happy to email them. I have also used this system to play Gondor, the other SPI hex and counter game that came out at the same time. If you look up Gondor on BoardGameGeek, I have 2 pictures of that posted, plus a blog and lots more photos on my homepage (shawnzeppi via mircosoft windows live), the system also works well for battle of 5 armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.