Thumb up
1 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A reveal to remember rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flag msg tools
So, last night me and my friends played BSG for the first time ever. I was the only one who had read the rulebook and the game clocked in at approximately 3.5 h. It was a 6-player game so we had two cylons in the game. As it would turn out both "You are a cylon" cards got dealt at the beginning....

I got to chose character last and picked Lee Adama. Trying to keep track of all the rules I wasn't really able to do much damage the first half of the game. By luck (or so I thought) the humans fuel dwindled pretty quickly and when Bill Adama got thrown in the brig by the "You are a symphatizer" card I was next in the chain of command. That enabled me to lower the fuel deposits even more, so by the time I felt it was time to reveal myself (because of the humans having two jumps left to do and people was starting to suspect me), I was in a pretty good spot. All I had to do was to make sure the humans lost another two fuel and it would be a win for the cylons.

Then, about two turns after, it was Bill Adamas turn. Another player decided to casually make fun of that player and asks "Is it hard knowing that your son is a cylon?" to which the player says "No, not especially. After all, that was how I raised him." Boom! The player reveals herself to be a cylon!

The game then ended at the next jump when the humans got out of fuel due to a destination card (which would have been the last one for them before the final jump). Was it the perfect time for a reveal? No, probably not, in retrospect she should have revealed herself earlier. But it was one of those great gaming moments when lore, gameplay mechanics, player actions and luck just led to a mindblowing moment.

BSG will definitely get more playtime in our group!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.