Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I lose a Step 4 tile to another player, the only compensation that I get is either $100 or 1 Prestige Point, I do not get back the Step 3 tile, right?

One other question... if I can build a Church or Cathedral at any time, what is the point of the Master Builder? I don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incorrect. The rules specifically do state that you receive the step 3 tile back in return if your step 4 is stolen in addition to you choosing either 1 prestige point or $100.

the master builder basically allows you to save the action to use as an extra action if/when you win another auction later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or said in another way:

you can only build a Church or a Cathedral instead of using a purple privilege to take the Guildmaster, Councillor, Mayor, Mintmaster or Master Builder.

Since the Master Builder will allow you to build twice in addition to whatever privilege you are gaining, you are in fact gaining one free action. Plus it gives you the security that you no longer need to win a suitable purple privilege to build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget, you may also when an office auction and not have enough money to build that church or cathedral. This ensures that when you have money later and win that you'll get to build it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.