Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Keyes
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone else have blocks with some crooked stickers?

i notice on the pics that some folks did a mighty fine job of stickerin', but mine sometimes are a tad crooked (not totally wonky, mind you, but not perfectly straight).

Anyone else have this happen, or am i the only miserable lout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on Expansion Set #1, and man those small ones are a bitch to get on. I tend to have more problems with horizontal centering rather than crookedness, (especially the Chariots, which I always put too far left).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Before you press them down too hard, you can spot them on the block lightly and peel them off if you missed. Tweezers help with the smaller stickers. And I have had to unpeel and repeel a sticker or two....generally no problem to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I basically align the edge of the sticker to two corners till there is an even margin on three sides. Then I swipe my thumb across the surface to complete the application.

Also, I only sticker one side and play counter-style. Saves a LOT of time and trouble!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brady wrote:

Quote:
Also, I only sticker one side and play counter-style. Saves a LOT of time and trouble!

One is ready to play in half the time and you have plenty of spare stickers in case you screw one up or screw them all up somehow.

Because I am very bit of 4' 22" tall, I find it easier to see the units when laying flat.

I lift the edge of the sticker with a real pointy exacto knife and position it on the block with the opposite edge aligned first before pressing down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright! Tweezers and exactos for that perfect alignment! Can't argue if it works, tho'.

Okay, who out there is lining up their stickers with the wood grain? Do you apply _with_ or _against_ the grain? Give us your reasons, please!

(Heh! NO! laugh )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Okay, who out there is lining up their stickers with the wood grain? Do you apply _with_ or _against_ the grain? Give us your reasons, please!

(Heh! NO! laugh )

Too late, you asked! I apply with the grain running horizontally as the block edges seem to be smoother for standing up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
earache wrote:
Quote:

(Heh! NO! laugh )

Too late, you asked! I apply with the grain running horizontally as the block edges seem to be smoother for standing up.

Ooooh. I didn't think that one through. I did grain goes vertically. Oh wait. I lay them flat anyway. Nevermind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:

I'll admit to applying the cavalry stickers with the grain horizontal. On the Eastern units, it looks like dunes or desert sands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, before you do that final "press" to seal the sticker on the block, you can actually slide it around to correct any errant crookedness. It takes a bit of force, but works well.

To do it, hold the block facing you, with both hands. In other words, your index and middle fingers will be under the block. Put both thumbs on top of the sticker. With your thumbs, try to apply a strong lateral force. Keep applying the force until the sticker breaks free and begins to slide. Adjust it in this manner, and then give it a good pressing when you're finished.

--Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bend the stickers slightly before putting them on so when they are placed on the block the middle is the furthest from touching the block. I then move the stickers around with a toothpick, and when it is in the right position, I press it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
a·nal-re·ten·tive (ā'nəl-rĭ-těn'tĭv)
adj. Psychology
Indicating personality traits, such as meticulousness, avarice, and obstinacy, originating in habits, attitudes, or values associated with infantile pleasure in retention of feces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! It's MY feces and you can't have any!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.