Andrea Tosti
Italy
Foligno
Umbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is:

Is a lone leader able to rally blocks from a unit just eliminated?

In other words, this is the case: my opponent eliminates a Medium Infantry unit's last block, attached with a leader, the leader survives the check and retreats without attaching to another unit, so now he is alone in an hex. Now it's my turn, I play the rally card and score two MED results: may I rally 2 blocks of that MI just eliminated?

I remember the exact text on the card:
"Roll dice equal to command. For each unit type or leader symbol rolled, one unit block, in a leader's hex or in an adjacent hex is rallied (place a lost block back onto the hex with the unit). continue ..."

Is a leader so powerful to rally also the remnants of a heavily struck unit?

Thanks for your attention
Athos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 votes "no"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three votes "no." Once a unit is eliminated it cannot be brought back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MATTHEW SPRING
England
Truro
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Roll dice equal to command. For each unit type or leader symbol rolled, one unit block, in a leader's hex or in an adjacent hex is rallied (place a lost block back onto the hex with the unit). continue ..."

Q1. Does 'For each unit type' mean ANY of the three coloured symbols? ie, will a Red Square, a Blue Triangle and a Green Circle allow me to 'revive' THREE blocks of my Heavy Infantry unit?

Q2. Presumably, I may NOT split the rally points between TWO different units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Tosti
Italy
Foligno
Umbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To Matthew:
Q1 If you roll a Light, a Med and A Heavy you rally one block of each of these unit types, if you have these units with blocks lost in a leader's hex or adjacent (one block for one die).
Q2 No, you can split the dice rolled (if you get useful results) among different units and also different leaders if you have more than one on the battlefield. Then you can order the units rallied (and so it's also useful to do that!).

To the other guys that responded:
thanks, I totally agree with you; I posted this article because I believe that the phrasing on the card could rise some doubt anyway. I've heard something about a clarification about this card on the Expansion 1 rules, but I have not received my copy yet.

Athos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Borg
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Another NO!

That sort of stuff will happen over in BattleLore

Richard Borg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Tosti
Italy
Foligno
Umbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much indeed, Richard, for having added your final and definitive answer to this question!

Athos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rally Card JPG/IMG PDF Needed
Can someone post a jpg/pdf image of the revised Rally card so I can print it, cut it out and paste it over my existing rally car text?

be well, all!

-Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
Can someone post a jpg/pdf image of the revised Rally card so I can print it, cut it out and paste it over my existing rally car text?

Expansion shows a picture of the Rally Card with the same text while describing the change--you may not use Rally to create a unit that has more blocks than it originally started with (Inf. 4, Cav. 3.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.