Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
We, the members of the International Gulo Gulo Commission have reviewed the grievance of unfair practices and modifications by an adult participant in a game of Gulo Gulo as have been filed by an anonymous member of the Sandy Hook Gaming Society of Connecticut. We have found no evidence to overturn the victory of Peg Cafaro over her opponents.

A review of the pertinant details follows:

The participants included several Gulo Gulo veterans including Simone, "Mom", "Dad", and "Mr. Ziggy". Also participating were first time players "Mr. Pat" and "Ms. Peg". It's relavant to note that Dad is also known by the alias of "hseldon" on Board Game Geek, whereas Mr. Ziggy uses the alias "Csigs" and Mr. Pat is known as "mckeon13". It is also worthy to note that the women involved have more sense than to spend their time on such websites.

This Commission applauds "Mom" for accepting the handicap of partnering with Simone's younger sister Camille, ensuring future generations of Gulo Gulo enjoyment. This is crucial to this Commission's goal of seeing Gulo Gulo as an Olympic sport by 2016.

This Commission also cites "Mr. Pat" and "Mr. Ziggy" for their good sportsmanship despite their large, thick fingers knocking eggs all over the place and frequently triggering the alarm. We have, however rejected Mr. Ziggy's application to use "some sort of large tweezer device" for egg removal.

This Commission also credits "Dad" with being very accomplished at egg removal "for an adult", but discredit any notion that this proves some kind of latent immaturity on his part.

And finally, we find no reason to censure "Ms. Peg" for any percieved unfair advantage during this competition. While her dainty fingers did give her a bit of an advantage, this was always an intended part of the game. And as far as the other concern, we see no unfair bias. Any time the gentleman players wish they too may go out and get a manicure thus ensuring that they too can have nice, long, sturdy fingernails with which to scoop up the vulture eggs.

These are our findings, thus we uphold the victory of Ms. Peg and declare her Gulo Gulo Champion of the Day.

- The International Gulo Gulo Commission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Csigs wrote:
It is also worthy to note that the women involved have more sense than to spend their time on such websites.

Worth a thumbsup just for that line alone meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is Not Geddy Lee
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does one file an appeal? I still think I was robbed. Simone was shaking the table when it was my turn, my tux was in the cleaners, the limo had a flat, IT WASN"T MY FAULT I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.