Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! Another week in the books and as the weekend ends and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past week of gaming exploits.

So, all you gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of gaming greatness over the past week, as you pop in here to answer the question:

What did you play over the past week?

The Geeklist version can be found here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/191975/what-did-you-play-...

Check out the subscription thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320

Also, don't forget to relive all your Video Game excitement over on VGG!

https://videogamegeek.com/geeklist/191883/1-june-2015-what-v...

Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Week 27!!!

Machi Koro x1
Cardline: Globetrotter x2
Arboretum x2
Tajemnicze Domostwo x1
Cacao x1

Have a great week!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1x Trajan - Finally got around to teaching my favorite board game to my wife. This is a game I can never get sick of.
1x Eclipse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had an all-day gaming event on Saturday to celebrate the fourth anniversary of our game group. So that boosted my game plays a bit.

FRIDAY:
Friday (victory!)

SATURDAY:
Guildhall (victory!)
NOIR: Deductive Mystery Game (Spy Tag x2) (victory x2!)
Five Tribes (victory!)
Colt Express (victory!*)
Tajemnicze Domostwo (loss)
Machi Koro (tied for second)
The Game (loss)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
my shoes are laced with irony
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar x1
Village x1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Lord of the Rings: LCG x 4
Mage Knight
Viticulture w/Tuscany x 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Germany
Böblingen
flag msg tools
badge
The whole mad swirl of everything that was to come began then; it would mix up all my friends and all I had left of my family in a big dust cloud over the American night.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesday

with 2 players:

1x 1989: Dawn of Freedom

Saturday

with 6 players:

2x Dune
1x Republic of Rome

with 5 players:

3x The Resistance: Avalon

and Friday + Sunday, with 2 players: each day 1x Eldritch Horror + both expanions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got around to some more gaming after recovering from a nasty cold.

We had some of our game group over last night and played:
Wasabi! - we haven't had this one out for a long time, and I'm not sure we've ever played it with our game group. Wasabi card thrown down to fill up the board and end the game.

Arbos Apfel - going with the food theme, got in a dexterity game, requisite for the group.

Trekking the National Parks - our first more than 2 players game - it was going very quickly until everyone realized the game was going to be over and no one would have any points so we all started completing postcards leaving the last few stones on the board for a bit.

Witch's Brew: The 6th Player & The Amulets & The Magical Abilities - first round - almost every single card was identical by ALL 6 players, then one of the group started choosing random and since he had a miraculous round kept on the rest of the game. He didn't lose completely, just second to last.

Rattus with Rattus: Africanus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually had a fairly successful weekend of gaming.

Friday:

One game. I won.

One game, 3 players. I tied for first but as always the case when I tie against my friend Laura, she had the tiebreaker.

Sunday:

One game, 3 players. I ended up the agent. I picked Blue Jay and was easily able to out-fox the Beast and the Puppet.

Two games, 4 players. I actually managed to win one of them! Hazaah!

One game, 5 players. I may have stood a chance at winning if I hadn't charged right off the boat...

One game, 4 players. The victory went to my wife. I'm starting to suspect she has feelings for Batman...

Three games. 1 with 5 players, 2 with 6. I won one game as the Sheriff, lost another as the Renegade, and won the last as an Outlaw.

One game, 6 players. As the Vacuum, I was able to secure a very quick joint-victory with the Mercenary.

One game, 6 players. My wife came to play and easily trounced the rest of us. I came in a pitiful 4th place.

One game, 5 players. The game was vicious and very close. I thought victory was mine but was outmaneuvered in the the final election by a newbie (to the game; not Euros). Despite losing, it was a great end to wonderful day of gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Shelley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
They call him Cuban Pete..
mbmbmbmbmb
UK Games Expo this week, I didn't get to play as much as id of liked but still a very good time was had.

Tuesday

1 x Shadows over Camelot
1 x Skull

Thursday - At Expo

3 x Codenames - Prototype of Vlaada Chvátil's new party game. This is going to be a hit when it comes out for sure a very fun and clever team deduction game.
1 x CV
1 x Sushi Go!
1 x Skulls

Friday - At Expo

1 x Jungle Speed Demo
1 x Tigris & Euphrates Demo
1 x Flash Point: Fire Rescue
1 x Concept
1 x Machi Koro
2 x Coup
2 x Timeline: Music & Cinema
1 x Sushi Go!
2 x Good Cop Bad Cop

Saturday - At Expo

1 x Istanbul
1 x Samurai Spirit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wednesday
Penny Press - Had it for a few weeks now and finally had a chance to play it
Roll for the Galaxy
Fidelitas

Saturday
Zombicide - We played a long scenario with some of the new Angry Neighbors stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nothing

Well, to still have some board gaming activity, I'll need to count digital games in this case...
-Race For The Galaxy + Alien Artifacts (PC)
about 5 games
Do wish Keldon could get around to implementing the orb scenario, but I hear he's got a lot on his plate these days I've already sent him a donation for getting in Brink Of War. Would gladly do so again for the orb scenario

-Ascension base game + all expansions to Realms Unraveled + first 5 promos for digital (iOS)
about 3 games

-Sentinels Of The Multiverse + current Season 1 Pass offerings (PC/Steam)
finished up a game I had on hiatus....
Mr. Fixer, Harki, Ex-Patriote vs. Plague Rat in Rook City
Lost. With the villain still at 40 something hp.

Started a rematch. Halfway through this one, and looks like we're not going to make it through this one either. We'll find out later on.

-continued development on digital, text version of Yggdrasil
Spent 15 minutes debugging for what turned out to be a missing close parenthesis ')' angry Yeah, I guess I do feel more like a programmer more than ever :\
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb

Code 777 x 2
Glory to Rome x 2
Arboretum x 1
Baltimore & Ohio x 1
Chinatown x 1
Dominant Species x 1
Intrigue x 1
Telestrations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Bonilla
United States
Winneconne
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Noah x3

Brew Crafters Card Game
x3

Chrononauts x2

The Walking Dead Board Game x1 (I've decided I think this game gets too much flak. It's not AMAZING, and it's certainly not Dead of Winter, but I think it's pretty neat. I think 3 or 4 players is probably the sweet spot so the resource management really comes into play. Wife and I were each trying to scout our 3rd location at the end. My encounter was the absolute worst one I could pull at THAT point in the game on THAT location. Her's was gravy so she won.)

Sentinels of the Multiverse x2 (Played Saturday night against Voss and got absolutely CRUSHED right out of the gate. Decided to take another run at him Sunday with Haka, Tempest, Tachyon, and Wraith and managed a pretty comfortable victory.)

Isle of Trains x1 (Wife's first game. She destroyed me in humiliating fashion. I could blame that I wasn't focused because I was teaching while playing...but man, that level of obliteration was just bad play on my part.)

Maha Yodha x1 (First time playing this since receiving from Kickstarter. Initial reaction while reading the rules was that it was Pre-constructed Magic:TG with a Hindu mythology theme. That said, while the similarities are very clear, the way you put cards to the field and reclaim them, the control you have over how fast you cycle through your deck, and how someone is pretty much always going to take combat damage every turn, make it feel very different. The art is fantastic and I love the theme, having studied Indian mythology extensively so big thumbs up for the game from me.)

Star Realms x1

But Wait, There's More! x1 (These types of games are not really my bag typically. This was admittedly pretty solid fun, though. I enjoyed it.)

San Juan x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Paquin
Canada
Val d'Or
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday :
Pandemic Survival tournament of Pandemic, didn't really go well for our team, but was really fun to play in a tournament.

1 X 7 Wonders
2 X BANG! The Bullet!

Sunday :
1 solo game of Caverna: The Cave Farmers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dodger
United States
River Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday, May 29th
1x Arkham Horror using the Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion expansion. We managed to close the last gate with 10 of 13 doom tokens on Cthulhu.

Saturday, May 30th
2x Memoir '44 using the Memoir '44: Eastern Front expansion. Barbarossa River Bug scenario. This was cool as it introduced trains.

1x Finca using the Finca: El Razul expansion. Wifey mopped the floor with me.

Sunday, May 31st
1x Finca using the Finca: El Razul expansion. We tied at the end, 55-55, but I won the tiebreaker.

2x Memoir '44 using the Memoir '44: Pacific Theater expansion. Wake Island. I don't know which infantry troops are more fun to play since they each have a couple of special abilities.

1x Suburbia Broke my personal high score against the wife. We both love this game a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yein
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesday: It's a light day, taught some games but didn't participate in much.
Blueprints x1 (3p, Lossx1)

Thursday:
Cacao x1 (4p, Lossx1)
Good Cop, Bad Cop x3 (5p, Winx1, Lossx2)
Timebomb x3 (5p, Winx2, Lossx1) This was played with Saboteur cards
Dead of Winter x1 (4p, Lossx1)
Straw x1 (4p, Lossx1)

Sunday:
Twilight Imperium x1 (5p, Lossx1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday
1x [redacted]
1x Gravwell: Escape from the 9th Dimension

Wednesday
1x Theseus: The Dark Orbit
1x Kingsport Festival with Kingsport Festival: Terrible Old Man Promo

Friday
1x Libertalia
1x Lords of Xidit
1x Gem Dealer

Saturday
1x Historia with Historia: Civilization Goals
1x Manila
1x Infamy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Fabbi
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Proud member of the Cult of the New.
badge
The King of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
Co2 X 1
Seventh Seel (French version of ZING! card game) X 1
Elysium X 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kaiser
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing. What's the world coming to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith czop
msg tools
mbmbmb
Great week.
Tuesday: nexus ops x2 and Eight Minute Empire
Thursday: nexus ops and I Spy
Saturday: Middle Earth Quest
Sunday: Chaos in the Old World and Eclipse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as much as I'd like.

Two games of Theseus: The Dark Orbit. I hadn't played it before, but it had been on the shelf since Essen last year. The first game had some errors, but that didn't matter much. I guess it only makes sense that land mines are gone after exploding

Two games of Twilight Struggle. Got it for my birthday on May 23rd. My girlfriend and I didn't manage to finish the first game, and it was getting way too late. I won the second game twice. Scored well in early war, and won the game through the Indo-Pakistani war on turn three. It felt a bit lame to win by a die roll, though, and we had a lot of time left. So we rolled it back, I played the card for ops instead of as an event and we continued into mid-war, where I won again. I can definitely see why this game is rated so highly, and I feel truly blessed with a girlfriend who won't just humour me by playing it, but actually enjoys doing so

And one game of Small World. One of my favorite games, played 11 times in the two months that I've owned it now. I was way behind because I got clobbered pretty hard in the beginning. But getting Berserk Skeletons later, declining them with 11 territories and then swooping across the field in the last two turns with Commando Amazons, while convincing the other two players to hit hard on our not-so-runaway leader (who was 30-40VP ahead at the time), I managed to win by five points or so Everyone tried to stop me in the last turn, but it was already too late, BWUAHAHAHA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
End of semester burnout - haven't gotten to play much at all this month. However, I finally got one game in:

Scotland Rising x1 - It looked like Robert the Bruce was going to get a resounding victory, but Moray left gaps on his flank. A valiant charge by Gloucester tore through the axemen and left the longbowmen in the rear vulnerable - and then Edward II "bravely" charged through the same gap and rode of with Gloucester to relieve the garrison at Stirling Castle with 2 contingents of knights. (End game 27-25 victory to the English.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1x Fresco
2x Snowdonia (solo)
1x Lewis & Clark (solo)
1x Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Adventure Deck 4: Fortress of the Stone Giants (solo)
1x Cinque Terre
1x Istanbul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mb
Monday
Dead Drop
[redacted]
Gravwell: Escape from the 9th Dimension

Thursday
At the Gates of Loyang x2 (solo)

Saturday
Queen's Architect
At the Gates of Loyang
Colt Express x2
Specter Ops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.