Scott Pease
United States
Tarzana
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that fighters must stop when they are adjacent to other ships. So let's say we both just moved and this is the situation:

1 2 3 4
5 X 6 7
8 9 T 0
A B C D

X= X-wing
T = Tie fighter

We fire and both miss each other. Now it's the next turn. The Tie fighter goes first. Where can he move? Can he:

1) retreat to 0, 7, B, C or D
2) move past the X-wing through 9-8-etc. to a different target?
3) not move at all because he starts this turn adjacent (seems like then all fighter intercepts must be to the death)

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fiighters: can they move around fighters on subsequent turns
Blood Meridian wrote:
The rules state that fighters must stop when they are adjacent to other ships. So let's say we both just moved and this is the situation:

1 2 3 4
5 X 6 7
8 9 T 0
A B C D

X= X-wing
T = Tie fighter

We fire and both miss each other. Now it's the next turn. The Tie fighter goes first. Where can he move? Can he:

1) retreat to 0, 7, B, C or D
2) move past the X-wing through 9-8-etc. to a different target?
3) not move at all because he starts this turn adjacent (seems like then all fighter intercepts must be to the death)

Thanks for your help.

The TIE can first move to 0,7,B,C or D and then continue to move to another non-adjacent square and keep moving (4 or A, frex).

If the TIE moves to 9 or 6, it stops again (because it is moving to an adjacent square to an enemy fighter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Henke
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fiighters: can they move around fighters on subsequent t
Per how I was taught (it may be wrong and I've only one playing so take it with salt), I believe he can move anywhere as long as he doesn't move adjacent to the x-wing. So, he could move past the X-wing through spot 7 if desired (but not spot 5,8,9 or 6).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had wondered about this situation too. Thanks for clearing it up.

Does this also apply to tractor beams?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.