Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this is the right place to pose the question of a name for a given game.

I remember clearly playing this game as a teen in the late 80'ies, where you were to combine different adaptations into an animal (I think they were cards, that you drew from a deck): head (teeth, sifts, etc.), body (carapace, fur, feather, etc.), legs (running, sturdy, hoofs, claws, etc.), arms/wings (feathery, insect), whatever - to create different creatures. Some pretty bizarre creatures came out of it. There were then rules for eating each other and such, establishing a sort of foodchain. Over several rounds, one then had the opportunity to evolve ones animal and compete for domination. The idea was then (of course) to climb to the top of the foodchain - I must admit I can't remember the winning criterion.

It was very inventive game, it was clearly based on the principles of evolution, it was scientific in its approach as far as I recall (as opposed to slap-stick) - and it was fun - does anybody have a clue what I am talking about?

Cheers
Rune, Denmark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Quirks from EON. (Interesting;y. another EON game is Runes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhh, man, that game sounds awesome...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IT IS INDEED QUIRKS!!! laugh I am absolutely astounded by the speed of answering - I posted it 10 min ago..!!! surprise

Thank you!

P.S. Not only is my first name Rune, but my middle name Midjord litteraly means "mid-earth" - you can look it up - its a genuine Scandinavian name, nothing made up in the 60'ies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonzo Smith
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
designer
Vie by Victory Point Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quirks is fun until the novelty of gameplay wears off. It is easy to memorize the winning combinations of animals. Two expansion sets staved off boredom for a while...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.