United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have listened to the previous posters about Cardhaus customer service. I recently put in an order with Cardhaus hoping to take advantage of their 10% November Discount. When the package arived it seemed rather large. I was pleased that they had packed what little I ordered into a safer package to reduce damage, although it did seem quite heavy.

I figured that perhaps they threw in a freebee game that they couldn't sell, or something of the like. I could not have expected the truth of the reality.

What was included was a live tiger:

Upon opening the package I was confronted with the brutal nature of a tiger. A tiger's first instinct is to kill and eat. Normally the tiger would have sought out a large sized herbivores such as sambar deer, wild pigs, gaur, and water buffalo, being trapped within the confines of his package brought him into a mad frenzy. While the delivery time was quick this was just way too long for a tiger to be without food.

Of the things I was looking forward to when opening the box a swipe from a tremendous tiger paw was not at the top of my list. While a tiger is certainly much more agile than a human, I had the advantage of knowing the layout of my apartment and had thought out the best places to run to in just this kind of instance. I quickly climbed to the top of my refrigerator. He took a while to reach me as he was momentarily distracted by how effective my couch was as a giant scratching post.

Remembering that Tigers were one of the highest jumping mammals I knew that my position was moot. I reached into the freezer and began to rain frozen gazelle down upon the beast hoping to numb his hunger. Fortunately, I had enough antelope to sooth the wild creature rampaging through my living room.

Since then, this Tiger has completely taken over my house. I can't go into the front of the house at all now that he has marked the love seat by spraying urine and television by rubbing anal gland secretions. He totaly hogs the remote. Not to mention that he eats all my food and takes long showers in the morning using up all the hot water.

I tried to get Cardhaus to pay for return shipping, but they refused.

This is the last time I use Cardhaus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the same site that has BGG Santa...oh my bad..must be somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sort of puts the fact that they zeroed out my TtR 1910 expansion because it was out of stock in perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Cardhaus website:

Cardhaus wrote:
"Products marked as 'Ding & Dented' are ones that have been damaged in shipment. They will still contain all parts for the game (and possibly a ferocious live beast), but will have some sort of damage on the packaging."

You deserved what you got.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this problem is confined to Cardhaus. I recently ordered from Funagain Games and received a lynx in my box along with my game. While certainly not as dangerous as a tiger, a lynx can do a significant amount of damage. I also noted the lynx is very fond of long, hot showers - I can only assume this is common to the feline species.

I will say that Funagain Games did offer to take back the lynx if I arranged for shipping. However, I've actually grow quite fond of the creature and so for now, I have declined the offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morgan, give it a few days and Aldie will rename the entry North American Cougar. It will be much easier to handle then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gone Fishing
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Now this is a complaint about cardhaus that I actually believe has some merit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice

Morgan, I've noticed that you seem remarkably good at defusing contentious situations (See e.g., http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17470).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't want that Tiger, can you at least put it into a Math Trade? I got shipped a half dozen Capaberas instead of the one I ordered, and could use a large carnivore now. I mean, I've been eating Capabera for a week now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First it was Wendy's then Subway
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_new...
and now it's cardhaus...12 years in the slammer isn't a deterrent evidently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine von Hoffman
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, this does explain what happened to StarSpangledGirl's box. They probably sent it to you to protect the rest of their games. I hope you give it a good home. Does it like Caylus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Man, you got lucky. The only extra mine had was a dinged up and dented old t-shirt that said "Moron on Board", with an arrow pointing upwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully that tiger will eat that stupid Jingles the Pony you have living with you, Morgan. (Go Twiggy!)

( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/88857 )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah how are Jingles and the tiger getting on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Yeah how are Jingles and the tiger getting on?

Much better since Jingles kicked the tiger in the forehead. They won't eat in the same room, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Tiger?!

All I got was a lame naked mole rat...

I fed it to my dog. Stupid Cardhaus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its ding and dent. You need to suck it up and deal with it. You knew what you were getting when you ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Pardon me while I wipe the tears of laughter from my face.

I don't know how you figured out how to pull off perfect comedic timing in an internet posting. As I read the word "tiger" and scrolled down to see that huge picture, I lost it.

Funniest thing I've seen in a long while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that you learned your lesson.

If you went to your FLGS instead of being a cheap screw you would have been able to see with your own eyes what sort of wild animal would be included with your games.

Plus you would not be bearing the responsibility of eliminating all gaming choices from the face of the planet, which is the inevitable consequence of your (and yes, I mean specifically your) buying online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm concerned now about my $30 Shogun pre-order from Cardhaus. I'm not ready to share my house with a carnivorous feline. But hey, maybe I'll receive the missing meerkats Shakespeare or Tosca! (crossing fingers)

edit: spelling like a four year old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
!
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just stick it out for a couple of months, write up your experiences into novel form, and through in some stuff about God.

Then, bam! You're pretty much guranteed a Booker Prize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Max
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry,
That is some seriously funny stuff laughlaughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my last order they shipped me a box of anthrax and threatened to kill my puppy if I tried to send it back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is worse - they have stuck you with a second-hand live Tiger - after I sent it back to them a few weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiger brand coffee is a real treat
Even tigers prefer a cup of it to...real meat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.