Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some very nice microbadges in those threads, good job !
I hope they become available soon.

It would be very nice to have a system to inform about new microbadges that become available as well.
I now regularly go through the very long list, searching for new ones, only to discover that none were added soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave up waiting and bought some more microbadges instead of waiting for the ones I really wanted. Trust me it's only a little longer than waiting for a file uploaded to get approved. I say that knowing that the admins have a thankless job and it can get backlogged quite a bit. I used to get upset but have since learned it's pointless just wait it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
Lajos wrote:
mrbass wrote:
Trust me it's only a little longer than waiting for a file uploaded to get approved.

I uploaded a file today and it was approved within a couple of hours... Some of the microbadges I created and suggested have been waiting for over a month now. soblue
Adding microbadges is a time consuming process. I added maybe 20 or 30 of them the other day. I'll add more as time permits. You gave us a lot of badges there (thanks!) but it does take time to process them, and they are not generally the top priority for the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:

oh, and, ... thanks ...

A strong second here.

Quote:
Will designers get some of their badges for free (if they want to)?

Specifically, there are acouple of mine that I really would like to have; but I don't wanna buy them and find out a week later that I was supposed to get them for free. There are some others I want too, and if I can get BOTH...

Quote:
Is there any way I can help?

Again, I'll second this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
I added maybe 20 or 30 of them the other day. I'll add more as time permits.

Thank you!

Lajos wrote:

Is there any way I can help?

Yes, how can I help?

Lajos wrote:

Will designers get some of their badges for free (if they want to)?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:
mrbass wrote:
Trust me it's only a little longer than waiting for a file uploaded to get approved.

I uploaded a file today and it was approved within a couple of hours... Some of the microbadges I created and suggested have been waiting for over a month now. soblue

Believe it or not I've waited over a month for a few files to get approved. I say on average my files get approved in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of starting a "Microbadge Most Wanted" thread, where people could let it be known which badge(s) they are most eagerly awaiting. We could post periodic summaries of the results in the thread, or attach them in some way to the periodic Microbadge Design posts. Several people have already expressed their desires in the Microbadge Designs thread, so we could use that as a starting point. If there were a lot of people waiting for certain badge designs, we could find that out and those could be added first. Would that be useful or helpful?

Note: I wouldn't mind if someone else started the thread instead of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Häkkinen
Finland
OULU
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's make a geeklist for voting. Should every badge has its own entry zombie or should there be one entry per designer - or how should they be added there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question for the moderators: would it be worth sorting the existing list of pending microbadges by their categories? (That is, would it help speed things along?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
trnardo wrote:
A question for the moderators: would it be worth sorting the existing list of pending microbadges by their categories? (That is, would it help speed things along?)

I don't know how much it would speed things along, but it certainly wouldn't hurt matters.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos, to be honest, it hasn't helped (sorting 'em by designer). We're still not getting them; apparently it's been decided that microbadge design is a labor of love (which is perfectly OK). I guess we're on our own as far as either getting 'em or getting credit.

So my two cents is go ahead and sort 'em however will put the fewest roadblocks in the way of the badges at least getting posted, and give up on the compensation/credit issue. But I'm not the one doing the lists...you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not worried about getting the one I designed for free. I just want to have it available to use and for others to use.

Then again, I'm not trying to get a whole lot of designs approved, so that may influence my perspective....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"No one ever influenced Tolkien - you might as well try to influence a bandersnatch." -C.S. Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Tony - I'm happy to pay for the two I want, I just want them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still saving for an ÜberGeekBadge, so getting my design for free would help with that. But having it available (along with the other one I want) is certainly better than not having it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
Sorting by type might help. Also, making sure that the filenames are descriptive, so that we can tell what they are supposed to be just from the filename, would also help. This is often the case with the microbadges that have been submitted, but now always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much I can do for the filenames, but I took a first cut at putting the microbadge submissions into categories over in
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/130746

True to Murphy's Law, some of the category headings are now different than when I started. devil But this should help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Murphy's Law is now especially apropos. But if my time was wasted, at least it's because the desired end result was already achived. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos, I know this is a silly request, but could the A Game of Thrones "heraldry" badges be moved to Literature? It's not really important, but the Targaryen heraldry does not appear in the boardgame, and the Martell game faction doesn't have a badge, so they really aren't "game" badges like the Power and Crown token badges are. Just thought i'd point that out.

Also (and I actually care about this one) the FSM badge is great, thanks for putting it up, but it needs to be in Religion. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pronoblem baalberith
United States
Pleasantville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Is it just me or do my balls itch?
mbmbmbmbmb
I know BGG is a game site, but I prefer to show my other hobbies / interests because you can always go to my ratings / top 10 section to see what games I am into. I got a free microbadge gift today and I want a SUSHI badge.

Some ideas:

Food/drink:

Sushi

Hobbies:

Painting (fine art)
Setting cats on fire
Sensory Deprivation
Hallucinogens
Bondage
Knitting
Hiking
Motorcycles (please do not use a Harley, try BMW or something else cool)

Events:

Con - Unity Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:
Newly submitted microbadges are now sorted by designer because several microbadge designers asked whether they could get a few of their badges for free. This already happened on some occasions and Aldie mentioned a number of times that he'd like to reward the microbadhe designers.

from http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/131756:

I redeemed my microbadge coupon to buy the badge I designed. I was the 20th person to buy my badge, so I'm happy to see that it's popular. If the admins want to reward microbadge designers, they could always just hand out more microbadge coupons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Bohrer
United States
Hereford
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My though too, now that the coupon mechanism's in place. Maybe 1 for three or five MB's accepted, to keep the flood down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.