5 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Future Classes/Heroes, what would you like to see? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Parfitt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
As the title says, what kinds of future Heroes/Classes would you guys like to see?

Personally I would like to see some of the following types:

- Jedi Sentinel -
Diala is great but she doesn't really feel like a Jedi Warrior, more of a consular than anything (not that this is a bad thing). What I would like would be a proper Jedi Warrior who would maybe get a bonus for carrying 2 melee weapons into battle (much like Jyn with pistols). I would also like to see him/her have a special action for Sabre Throw, take an action and 2 strain and perform an attack with +2 or +3 Range. Would like to see some other force abilities get used too, like Jump (basically the Nexu's Pounce).

- Jedi Shadow -
A double-bladed lightsabre wielder. Again just to satisfy my need for a Jedi Warrior. Would love to see this class have force speed, use an action and take a strain to gain double movement points and perform a move action.

- Bounty Hunter -
Who says all Mercenaries have to be bad, would like to see this class with a flamethrower ability that affects the 6 squares immediately in front of you (3x2) with 1 red dice so it's not to op. Could have a jetpack so it has no trouble with difficult terrain/passing enemies.

- Pirate -
Another bad guy gone good, this guy could come with a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard companion (we haven't seen any companions yet after all) that he can deploy like a minion in Descent, it would have no attack but a speed of 3/4 and could interact with crates for you and would need an extra +2 on accuracy to attack so it's so small and nimble.

So there's my suggestions, what do you guys think? what would you like to see in future expansions?

Thanks for reading, LeighPouse

P.S.
Yes, I did steal the titles from KOTOR/SWTOR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
they will not use the word jedi in char. class. its a no no word in Imperial Assault.

At the moment of imperial assault only yoda and obi-wan are jedi official.

thats what one of the game designers said on the char. creation for the base game.

(they are also not allowed to use "han shot first"...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy mcglothlin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Quick draw worked well enough for that though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Parfitt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fair enough, I didn't realize that there were no "Jedi" so to speak, but it doesn't mean we couldn't have a force sensitive warrior surely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy mcglothlin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Well, we know of three individuals with Jedi training that were around at least within four years of this timeline that aren't Obi Wan or Yoda. Diala being one, obviously. There's no reason there couldn't be other former padawand around, or even those that left the order before the purge. I think they're right not include the last type in this game though. A full Jedi wouldn't balance with the other heroes or wouldn't be accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls