Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened in a game I witnessed.

Phase 4 (assigning roles) just started, with one player having a majority of green cards, hence the ability to flip over one face-down card back to face-up.

Now, this same player had two face-up gold cards and one face-down gold card; he had no other face-down cards at the time. Meanwhile, another player had three face-up gold cards. No one else had more than one face-up gold card.

Here was the question: Did the first player have to flip over his face-down gold card?

A quick analysis shows the predicament: by not flipping it over, the first player guarantees ownership of the gold minor role (with the second player getting the gold major role). But if the first player flips over his one face-down gold card, a tie results, meaning (a) the two would have to auction off the gold major role, and (b) no one would get the gold minor role.

We carefully read over the rules, but found nothing stating you had the option of keeping said card face-down. I believe they played that the first player had to flip over that card (which was bad for both of them, and good for the other three players).

Just so the rules are clear to me for my next game of this, can anyone clarify what the 'true' rules are?

Thank you in advance for the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vilma
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
German rules say:

As soon as a player gets a role card, he/she must immediately carry out the ability of that role, at first the player with the major role, then the player with the minor role.

It means, that the first player has to flip over his face-down gold card, when he/she has got the green role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.