Popular Tags: [View All]
mark swanson
United States
Columbia
mo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I understand that you must separate the contributions from the building reward(s) and score scales "instantly."

But what about if i can make two contributions, where my first one would deplete the supply of scales. Do i not get to count the scale(s) i might have received on my second contribution?

this is most vexing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK, no matter how many contributions you make, you only receive scales ONCE. So after you've made all the contributions you are going to make, receive your scales and resolve it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halleran
United States
Monona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: can I make multiple cotributions before invoking scale r
"Even if you make more than one contribution during your turn, you receive the golden scales only once". So you can't make one contribution, resolve the scales (and maybe collect 6 or 3 crystals) and then make another contribution on that same turn and start collecting more scales.

"Any scales that could not be awarded because the scales had run out are still counted towards the respective players' totals". So you'd would keep track of the total number of scales you won... and scales from your second contribution still count when determining which player has the most scales.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ckhalleran wrote:
"Even if you make more than one contribution during your turn, you receive the golden scales only once". So you can't make one contribution, resolve the scales (and maybe collect 6 or 3 crystals) and then make another contribution on that same turn and start collecting more scales.

"Any scales that could not be awarded because the scales had run out are still counted towards the respective players' totals". So you'd would keep track of the total number of scales you won... and scales from your second contribution still count when determining which player has the most scales.

What scales from your second contribution? As per the first sentence you quoted, you only get scales once, no matter how many contributions you make in a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: can I make multiple cotributions before invoking scale r
Quote:
What scales from your second contribution? As per the first sentence you quoted, you only get scales once, no matter how many contributions you make in a turn.

That is correct. Just to make it clear, you get one scale per dragon on the tile, regardless of the number of contributions. However, you can get scales a second time, after scoring them, if a building is completed. The scales printed on the tiles, which you get as a reward after buildings are completed, are received after the others. Scoring of scales can be triggered by either event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.