Popular Tags: SC [+] 5/6 [+] [View All]
zippy grey wedge owner
Malaysia
Putrajaya
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play it as the missile launcher. That's pretty 'devastating'.

Just a little trivia, space marines have "Devastator squads" which carry more heavy weapons [up to 4 max] than the typical "Tactical squads" [1 heavy weapon, 1 special weapon max]. No, I don't work for greed workshop, or go to work for free wearing a red t-shirt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I always played the Devastator as a Plasma Gun. Was there ever any official ruling on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ross
United Kingdom
Bradford/Leeds
W.Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know I'd completely forgotten about this. I think I probably played it as a Rocket Launcher, if there was an official ruling I've not heard of it, and you'd expect to when you do a search online for Space Crusade, if you see what I mean. You can find a couple of missions they put in White Dwarf but I've never heard of an official ruling.

What was the name of the weapon for Marines from the Dreadnaught expansion pack? Was that a 'something Cannon', not a devastator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew I'd discussed this somewhere and I found it:

http://tinyurl.com/yyrwvs

My reasoning was based upon the computer version, in which an Ork Mekaniak damages with his "devastator" in the exact same fashion as a space marine missile launcher - that's what I/we have always gone with when this card is played. That must have come from somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Grenier ou bedon Grognard
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard,

In answer to your question about mission 5 and 6.

In my mission book, it is the same map for both missions except that there are no zoom on the Machine Room on the left side of the map on mission 6.

Blips are the same on both mission.

The difference is in reinforcements :

Mission 5
One Marine player = All green Reinf. tokens.
Two or three Marine players = All green and blue Reinf. tokens.

Mission 6
One Marine player = All Blue reinf. tokens.
Two or three Marine players = All blue and grey reinf. tokens except Dreadnought.

Mission five title is : Primary = Mission 547/6-Sector 734 - Clearing Up.

Mission six title is : Primary = Mission 547/7-Sector 734 - Chaos Marines.

Which one do you have ? Do you want the missing text that goes with the mission ? And the secondary mission of course.

Jacques

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Grenier ou bedon Grognard
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me again,

Richard, if you want to print the mission that you are missing, well go to the game entry for Space Crusade, go down the page to - files - and download the file name : MissionBook,pdf.zip ( 3.22MB ) and then print your missing mission, they are all there. Voilà.

Jacques

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
Hmmm, so no definitive answer then?

No, and your answer is probably as good as any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sammut
Australia
Richmond
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

A good question Matchstickman, and I can see that even between all of us, there is no consensus on an answer.

To throw another spanner in: We always played it as an Assault Cannon - like his smelly old Bolter got stuck on auto! Although this option will usually limit his Target to a single Marine...

Fact is, he usually rolls 0 anyway and blows up without much fuss! shake

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
winston byrd
msg tools
In the rule book the if you check out the comic action storyboard at the bottom of the pages, you will see examples of who has what weapon and what they are referring to as a devastator..

1: heavy resistance...all heavy weapons are being taken...(thats a start)
2: four marines

sergent - (gets killed)
tenard - missile launcher (takes the left)
gunn - assualt cannon (takes the right) (also lays supressing fire)
grigby - bolter (heavy weapons told to fire after he gets hit)
kanner - plasma gun (also told to bring the "devastator" to deal with the dreadnought)

I would say that according to this the devastator is in fact the plasma gun as marines only change weapons when replaced with a bolter "out of ammo event card". In saying this... a "devastator" has also been a reference to heavy weapons in general as in the "40k space marine devastator squads", which is basically a squad with heavy weapons.

i always played the ork devastator as a missile launcher, but now play it as a choice of all 3 heavy weapons for the alien layer, as they choose. As already said, the assualt cannon has the potential for 1 target, where as the plasma and missile launcher can be fatal for multiple marines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.