Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an episode of Board Games with Scott, I did a 10-minute video review of Wits & Wagers.

This particular show is directly targeted at people who are new to our hobby, with the intention that someone can download the episode and burn it to CD, and then give the game along with the CD.

You can enjoy this show over at

http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/?p=53
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa scott, where'd all that energy come from? Makes me want to play a party game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Twigg
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This looks fun! Once a month or so my wife and I head over to our friends' house for some drinks and generally just to hang out. They live about 45 minutes away so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. There's usually about 10-12 people there, and inevitably we end up playing Liar's Dice at some point. It's always a blast with this particular group of folks (and the drinks help ) but I must confess I'm getting a little bored with it. This game looks like the perfect way to change things up a bit, something that will go quite nicely with a Guiness or two and some good friends.

Once again, great stuff Scott, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
snicholson wrote:
This particular show is directly targeted at people who are new to our hobby, with the intention that someone can download the episode and burn it to CD, and then give the game along with the CD.

Man, oh man, you must think most people are pretty hi-tech. I've never "burned anything to CD" for someone else (hell, it was hard enough figuring out how to back up my photos to a CD, and I did that once a year ago), and almost no one I know well has even done that. Damn newfangled computer thingies.

Don't get me wrong. I like what you're doing and I hope that one or two non-gamers somehow see your show. I also like Wits & Wagers a lot. I just don't see many outsiders learning a game by video (or even watching the video, for that matter). Better to give the gift and stick around for 15 minutes to play the game with the recipient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.