Subject: I know it's solitaire but the entry says 1 - 3 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lockett
Australia
Rockingham
Western Australia
flag msg tools
I read somewhere about several players being able to simultaneously command their own submarines on patrol but I can't remember where I read it.

So the detailed questions are:

Has anyone played this as a multi-player?

If so, which scenarios?

How long did the session run for?

Was it a good experience for all?

Cheers!

Steve

[Edit... damn typos - not used to this daylight saving malarkey...]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Franklin
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the advert for up to 3 players but the rules only support 2 players. One player runs the subs from Pearl and the other runs subs from Brisbane. They are NOT in competition with each other. They are just attacking the Japanese Empire together for a single win. I've not played with another player so can't judge at this time if it would be enjoyable or not.

NOTE: The campaign is very long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Havent played a campaign yet, but surely you can have three different subs from different bases all played by one player? Or more.

Unless ofc you can only manage one permanent base and their subs per player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lockett
Australia
Rockingham
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for replying guys, I didn't think I had to subscribe to get updates for this thread and I've only just 'got back' to it tonight.

Having read a little more about the game I was wondering about the logistics of having several players being involved in commanding subs pretty much simultaneously.

It appears, if I understand correctly, that the campaigns are almost like a series of individual actions which occur basically simultaneously within a time frame but since playing solitaire these actions are played serially.

Any comments ?

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. Want... to... buy.... Money... burning...hole...in....pocket.......

Further P.S. Hole...created... Silent War... in possession...

I should really stop William Shatner from writing my post-scripts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Blair
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not tried the campaign with two - but it's always quicker to have one person doing the charts, and to help with dice rolls and working out what happens.

You could, in theory, play this with lots of division commanders, and overall commanders setting the rules of engagment and assigning patrol areas.

It's just a question of time and space... technically you could have two US players, and a Dutch/British player.

Or two US players per base.

For Steel Wolves, there are simply so many subs, I hope to be able to organise to play that with a number of Flotilla commanders, to help break up the work load.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.