Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul G
Australia
Subiaco
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mb
The game ends when there are less than 5 available places to put walls.

1.Does the player who places the 6th last wall get to place any furthur walls?

(ie - in a three player game a player triggers scoring when there are 8 places left so he places two walls leaving 6 places, the next player then gets to place two more walls, but her first wall triggers the game end condition.)

2.Do the remaining players that are allowed to place walls continue to place them till there are no places left ? and does the player who triggered wall building still get to place a tower ?

(to cont. the above example ... if the second player can fill the 6th AND fifth last places leaving four remaining wall places does the third player get to fill the 4th and 3rd last available wall sections and would the first player earn the requisite points for placing a tower at the end of one of the wall sections)

thanks for any help ... hope it's easy to understand.

mummmmbllerrr :>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The wall condition is if there are 5 or fewer spaces for walls remaining at the end of the turn - so you complete the turn first and then check for the game end trigger.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul G
Australia
Subiaco
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mb
thankyou

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Payne
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe that walls are placed alternately. This would mean that no player could play two wall pieces consecutively. From your question it would seem that when more than one wall is allowed to be placed then both were played together.
I also have a question, If the whole wall is completed (so that the ends meet) can a tower be placed, and if so, where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Franke
Germany
Nuremberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waaru wrote:
I also have a question, If the whole wall is completed (so that the ends meet) can a tower be placed, and if so, where?

The final tower is place at the point where the two halves of the wall met. However, the player scores only wall segments in one direction up to the next tower (preferably the direction where the next tower is further away).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread has been helpful to me - I've had the same question. However, to take it one step further -

In a 4 player game you have 8 walls to place, but assume only 6 spots left to place them. So if I understand this correctly, you will go around and place the 6 walls that you are able to place, and a tower can be placed at the end.

Who can place the tower? The person to the left of the person who placed the last (6th) wall piece? Or does the person who started the wall-building round get to place the tower, as would be the case if all 8 pieces were placed?

Thanks for your help! Love the game - although I think the tower-building action has too much weight compared to the other actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Towers can only ever be placed by the person whose tile placement caused scoring and initiated the wall building that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.