Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon 7+, Gili 7-, Elijah 5

I hadn't had a chance to get this out enough, because some of the other players don't like the victory conditions. I also believed that this part of the game is a minor problem. After playing again, I will boost this to being a minor-to-medium problem.

I don't feel that it is anywhere near the debilitating unplayable problem like the one in Saint Petersburg. I still really like the game. But, the game just hurts by having a poor ending. It is simply too easy for the game to be decided midgame. People have to go through the motions when they have no way to win.

So much else of the game is so good, however, I can forgive it. But I will start looking for a way to fix it; something like points for houses, architect location and role selected, and palace patterns, or something.

In our game, I took control of most of the left of the board by spending a lot of cash, and then began reordering the scoring rounds. I was afraid when I had to pass two rounds without building a palace, but the other players also had to skip two rounds. By the time I went into the last strech with my income secure, Gili was very close but not close enough, since I was going to win the last round and win on the tie conditions. Elijah had to lose another two locations, so was out of the running, after we stole his role and rearranged the scoring out from under him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.