Coup» Forums » Sessions

Subject: All the Dukes are on the Table? I'm the Duke Anyways rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Knaack
United States
Grand Rapids
flag msg tools
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Coup is one of our favorite games to play during our weekly game night. It's easy to learn and fast to play, so risking it all on a challenge or a bluff is totally fine because you'll get to play again soon.

In this certain instance, it was down to myself and a friend named Bart. Bart and I both had one card left and as it came to me, I thought I would be silly and say that I was the Duke. Obviously, this is the most-bluffed card in the game because it nets so much cash. Bluffing for it was my only option (I needed the cash to assassinate her with my actual Assassin).

Unfortunately, I had not noticed that all three Dukes were face-up on the table. But this is where the magic happened... A cup was conveniently placed, blocking Bart's line of sight on one of the Dukes. The former participants of this match started to giggle when Bart let my bluff slide. And the next turn, as the pressure mounted and Bart continued to claw for a victory, I assassinated her.

Of course, she challenged and I revealed the Assassin, putting the nail in her coffin. Let me tell you: She was NOT happy when she saw that all the Dukes were up. It was then that my other friends finally got to let their full laughs out and once Bart cooled down, we sat down for another game of Coup.

Needless to say, she sought revenge against me for the rest of the night.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.